Sponsored

RoadRash

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
To answer your question directly you'll need to pull out your install manual. ON page 17 you'll find the connections list. Focus on the 16 pin power plug. Lead #12 is for "Parking Brake" and in order to open up the gate for video's you'll need to ground this wire. I haven't done the heigh10 yet so I'm not sure if it uses a trigger (wants to see the ground toggle as if you'd engaged your parking brake). If the Heigh10 has the upgraded toggle circuit you'll need to put a switch in line on the #12 lead and toggle the ground to trick the HU.
I confirm.... I was looking for a way to bypass the parking brake. On my Stinger, Lead #12 on the 16 Pin harness is Light Green. This one is labeled Parking brake in the install manual. I added a jumper wire from this light green parking brake wire over to the black ground. Works perfect. No switches needed.
Sponsored

Racerxtx

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS and 2022 JLUS
Clubs

2019 JLUS. Removed the UConnect 4 w/7" screen and installed a Heigh10 and everything seems to work with the exception of the voice/send/end SWC buttons on the front of the steering wheel. All the other SWC buttons work fine. Have updated firmware, etc, etc. without change.
I also have a Tazer Mini installed. Could the Tazer be interfering with the SWC functions?
Anything else I should look for?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
2019 JLUS. Removed the UConnect 4 w/7" screen and installed a Heigh10 and everything seems to work with the exception of the voice/send/end SWC buttons on the front of the steering wheel. All the other SWC buttons work fine. Have updated firmware, etc, etc. without change.
I also have a Tazer Mini installed. Could the Tazer be interfering with the SWC functions?
I would bet it’s a fault in the Heigh10. Mine still looses BT randomly and the reverse cam screen pops up for no reason when driving down the road. I have updated several times. The reverse cam, as well as the front cam stop working from time to time (the screen goes blank and says no input, or is a foggy orange). Every time I reverse, the screen flickers about five times before coming on.

I just deal with it because I don’t want to go through the hassle of having another nightmare install.

I would not have spent my money on the Heigh10 if I knew it would have so many issues.

**I have a tazer mini as well

Edit: i will try and see if the same buttons on my steering wheel work today for you. I think mine do, I just usually tap the screen instead.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase

kellz218

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2012 Audi A4
Would you still go with the HEIGH10 over the 8.4 Uconnect? My 8.4 is acting up real bad and waiting to hear back from the dealer if it really needs to be replaced or not so weighing my options. A lot of reading on this forum and other sites.

Sponsored

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Would you still go with the HEIGH10 over the 8.4 Uconnect? My 8.4 is acting up real bad and waiting to hear back from the dealer if it really needs to be replaced or not so weighing my options. A lot of reading on this forum and other sites.
I wouldn't. Might look into the alpine instead. I do not know much about them though.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The voice/send/end SWC buttons work on mine. Sorry for the delayed response. I don't believe the Tazer interferes with the Heigh10. I still regret getting it though.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
My factory 8.4 has a ghost that likes to touch the screen in cold weather, so looking for options as well.

I wish this was a good option, but Amazon reviews are not good.
I had the screen delamination. Never bothered me, but in high humidity/rainy days I had the ghost touches super super bad. I replaced just the digitizer, it went very smoothly but the bottom 20% of the screen was unresponsive to touch. So I tried again and the new digitizer the whole middle 4" box of the screen is unresponsive to touch.

So I was going to bite the bullet and go aftermarket instead. I like the Heigh10 had multiple camera inputs, and other upgrades, but it seems like its bad in other areas, and the graphics to me just look old.

So for now I gave up, I am thinking in a couple months I will replace the whole screen module (about $320, screen with digitizer) and see if that works. I like the features of the stock 8.4, good mapping, album covers, etc. So looks like replacing screen will be the plan.

Sponsored

kellz218

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the screen delamination. Never bothered me, but in high humidity/rainy days I had the ghost touches super super bad. I replaced just the digitizer, it went very smoothly but the bottom 20% of the screen was unresponsive to touch. So I tried again and the new digitizer the whole middle 4" box of the screen is unresponsive to touch.

So I was going to bite the bullet and go aftermarket instead. I like the Heigh10 had multiple camera inputs, and other upgrades, but it seems like its bad in other areas, and the graphics to me just look old.

So for now I gave up, I am thinking in a couple months I will replace the whole screen module (about $320, screen with digitizer) and see if that works. I like the features of the stock 8.4, good mapping, album covers, etc. So looks like replacing screen will be the plan.
Is that just replacing the 8.4 screen unit what you're talking about for $320? Where at?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Is that just replacing the 8.4 screen unit what you're talking about for $320? Where at?
You can find it on Amazon or EBay. Lots of various options. I think the more official mopar version runs around 700.
Here is the one I have saved. Holy cow steep discount today.

8.4" Uconnect Touch Screen 4C UAQ LCD Monitor Radio Navigation Compatible with Dodge RAM Chrysler Gladiator Compass Wrangler Cherokee Challenger Durango 2017-2022 Replace # LA084X01(SL)(02) https://a.co/d/1Lntxlq

kellz218

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can find it on Amazon or EBay. Lots of various options. I think the more official mopar version runs around 700.
Here is the one I have saved. Holy cow steep discount today.

8.4" Uconnect Touch Screen 4C UAQ LCD Monitor Radio Navigation Compatible with Dodge RAM Chrysler Gladiator Compass Wrangler Cherokee Challenger Durango 2017-2022 Replace # LA084X01(SL)(02) https://a.co/d/1Lntxlq
Thank you I'll look at this

Racerxtx

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS and 2022 JLUS
Clubs

No.

I ended up finding a takeout 8.4 from a '22 Gladiator for a good price.
Pulled the Heigh10 and put the 8.4 in and everything synced up and works great. All I needed was a $10 unlock code from the guy on eBay. Wife is happy.
Sponsored