First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Fresh out of the car wash

245F31F0-16DF-45B7-8AF9-21127BDF13FE.jpeg
Looks super clean! Have you run this through a touch car wash? Wondering how the paint looks up close after? This is my first non-metallic car and I'm afraid to run it through a non-touchless car wash!

Also amazes me how different this color looks in various lighting! Sometimes it's very dark, sometimes very light etc. Love it
Sponsored

jonsavino

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Looks super clean! Have you run this through a touch car wash? Wondering how the paint looks up close after? This is my first non-metallic car and I'm afraid to run it through a non-touchless car wash!

Also amazes me how different this color looks in various lighting! Sometimes it's very dark, sometimes very light etc. Love it
Thank you. I have not and will not run it through a non touch car wash. There is a great hand car wash by my job so Im just going to go there. A non touch car wash over time will def show the swirls up close with this paint.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Anvil
I'm going to place the order for Sting-Gray badges in about a week. I doubt there will be enough interest for another round.

So if you want one let me know. You can post in this thread or the Badge Thread or PM me. Price is $18/badge.

More info: Sting-Gray Badges

003-jpg.jpg
It's a little early (they don't become an option til June 26th) but you should pop in to the Gladiator forums. There will be Sting-gray trucks later this summer.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's a little early (they don't become an option til June 26th) but you should pop in to the Gladiator forums. There will be Sting-gray trucks later this summer.
I have posted over there and a few Gladiator guys have ordered them. Thanks.

trbizwiz

First Name
TOm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I get to pick up my new '18 Sting gray JUL-S next Tuesday. I'm flying to Dallas, and driving it back home to south FL. I am hoping to pick up a set of Rubi takeoffs on my way home. I found a few in the DFW area that seem to be pretty close to my target price, and I am hoping Benjamins talk at the time of sale.
The dealer I'm buying the jeep from is blasting out their 2018's, so I got it for almost $9K off, and unlike FL dealers, the TX dealer only charges $150 doc fee. Its closer to $800 in FL. The dealer is also letting me use my Jeep driveplus card for my down payment (which I will immediately pay off), so I'll accrue $900 in rewards bucks to use at any FCA dealer. They are also delivering the Jeep to me at the airport.
I found another dealer that will sell me a set of Katzkins for $709 plus shipping, which I'll use those rewards bucks on. Free is my favorite number! (I'll have to install, so I'll probably do a DIY video, I have seen a few for JK vids). Now I just have to decide between, Black with gray stitches, Red with Gray stitches, or Saddle. I have see nice examples of each in this very lengthy thread.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thank you. I have not and will not run it through a non touch car wash. There is a great hand car wash by my job so Im just going to go there. A non touch car wash over time will def show the swirls up close with this paint.
Yep that was my concern, so far I’ve only had it hand washed and that’s what I plan to keep doing for now!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I get to pick up my new '18 Sting gray JUL-S next Tuesday. I'm flying to Dallas, and driving it back home to south FL. I am hoping to pick up a set of Rubi takeoffs on my way home. I found a few in the DFW area that seem to be pretty close to my target price, and I am hoping Benjamins talk at the time of sale.
The dealer I'm buying the jeep from is blasting out their 2018's, so I got it for almost $9K off, and unlike FL dealers, the TX dealer only charges $150 doc fee. Its closer to $800 in FL. The dealer is also letting me use my Jeep driveplus card for my down payment (which I will immediately pay off), so I'll accrue $900 in rewards bucks to use at any FCA dealer. They are also delivering the Jeep to me at the airport.
I found another dealer that will sell me a set of Katzkins for $709 plus shipping, which I'll use those rewards bucks on. Free is my favorite number! (I'll have to install, so I'll probably do a DIY video, I have seen a few for JK vids). Now I just have to decide between, Black with gray stitches, Red with Gray stitches, or Saddle. I have see nice examples of each in this very lengthy thread.
Sounds like you have a nice road trip planned. Should be fun driving your new wheels back. I'm in the SRQ, FL area as well. Not surprised you couldn't find a dealer that would work with you. I'd do the same thing as you going out of state to save some hard earned moolah. Be sure to post pictures of your Katzkins once installed.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the red dash and have been scared to order the beige because everyone seems to bash it but these pictures just sold me..I think he beige looks luxury and compliments the flat grey of sting gray.. thanks for posting

FLAFIRE

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon & JL Rubi Stingray
I like the locking hood latches ; would a rubber cap fit over the lock to protect from Winter ice and grime ? Thanks in Advance
donno of any avail but im sure some could be fabbed for it