STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Speedy3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, e-tron, Triumph S3
Thanks man I appreciate the help. My first time at Rausch in my JK I pulled off the front fender off-roading, so I’d like to do whatever I can to keep from a similar situation. My plan was to heat that area up and try and push it back a bit. I saw a video where litebrite did that to their rig. Otherwise I’ll make sure it’s properly bump-stopped.

Thanks for the heads up Matt!

Jeep looks awesome. I have a very similar setup and just wanted to warn you when/if you go offroad the little bulge in the back wheel well will rub really bad. You can take off most of it on each side (just 3 bolts) but the top part will still rub when flexing. If you don't address it and go wheeling hard, you will actually rip them off. Just an FYI for ya.

View attachment 174672

IMG_6750.JPG

IMG_67s51.jpg
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed this morning, that I'm starting to get some rock rash on my rear fenders and a few chips on the door hinges. I was hoping I would have avoided this by not having the KO2's, my JLUR came standard with WildPeak M/T's. Has anybody used the 3m Flim on either the hinges or fenders. BTW, I have th black fenders so mine didn't come with the protective film already.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man I appreciate the help. My first time at Rausch in my JK I pulled off the front fender off-roading, so I’d like to do whatever I can to keep from a similar situation. My plan was to heat that area up and try and push it back a bit. I saw a video where litebrite did that to their rig. Otherwise I’ll make sure it’s properly bump-stopped.

Thanks for the heads up Matt!
i heated mine with a heat gun and pushed it back, no issue really since, the drives side pushed back clean, the passenger left a slight outdip and I can't get back... it time to time rubs for half a second. I might just zip tie them both back behind the liner to pull them more away from the tires. not like anyone would ever see it

Speedy3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, e-tron, Triumph S3
That’s what I had in mind

i heated mine with a heat gun and pushed it back, no issue really since, the drives side pushed back clean, the passenger left a slight outdip and I can't get back... it time to time rubs for half a second. I might just zip tie them both back behind the liner to pull them more away from the tires. not like anyone would ever see it

AZ-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Stingray Grey
Occupation
Self Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Noticed this morning, that I'm starting to get some rock rash on my rear fenders and a few chips on the door hinges. I was hoping I would have avoided this by not having the KO2's, my JLUR came standard with WildPeak M/T's. Has anybody used the 3m Flim on either the hinges or fenders. BTW, I have th black fenders so mine didn't come with the protective film already.
I already have some chips on my fenders from rocks. The clear guard that is on there isn't big enough. I am taking the factor sticker (whatever its called) off and putting a larger one on. I figure I will have to replace it every now and then. Hopefully, I wont have any chips on the door hinges like you experienced.

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I already have some chips on my fenders from rocks. The clear guard that is on there isn't big enough. I am taking the factor sticker (whatever its called) off and putting a larger one on. I figure I will have to replace it every now and then. Hopefully, I wont have any chips on the door hinges like you experienced.
Welcome to the club... my rear fenders and door hinges are looking like Edward James Olmos after a few trips out

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

AZ-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Stingray Grey
Occupation
Self Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to the club... my rear fenders and door hinges are looking like Edward James Olmos after a few trips out

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG
Holy Crap thats bad. The sad part is our jeeps are so new. What are they going to look like in a few years?

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Holy Crap thats bad. The sad part is our jeeps are so new. What are they going to look like in a few years?
It just comes with the territory man, and it's the exact reason why I went with black fenders over painted. As much as I care for my Jeep, and love keeping her clean, I'd rather drive around with a few battle scars than drive a pristine pavement princess.

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Not to throw a wrench in decision making. But, my JLUR came stock with the Falken Wildpeak M/Ts. Now they're just the standard 285's but they drive great and the noise is no louder than a A/T. though they do feel like they are a bit heavier.
I haven't taken delivery of my Jeep yet and I just found out it also has the Falken MT tires. I'll probably drive on them for a while before I decide to upgrade. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG
Yeah this sucks a just a bit I'm all for some battle scars that's why I went with the standard black fenders. However, with just a 1000k on the odometer the rock chips on the hinges sucks a whole lot my driver side rear hinge looks almost identical to your 3rd picture. I guess it's time to invest in some Mopar touch up paint. I might also invest in the black hinge covers from Amazon.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Yeah this sucks a just a bit I'm all for some battle scars that's why I went with the standard black fenders. However, with just a 1000k on the odometer the rock chips on the hinges sucks a whole lot my driver side rear hinge looks almost identical to your 3rd picture. I guess it's time to invest in some Mopar touch up paint. I might also invest in the black hinge covers from Amazon.
I just picked up a touch up paint pen last week. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm a little concerned with the depth of these chips, will likely be a multiple applications before I get to the clear coat step.