STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

TahoeJeep

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Ok….this is my first post. I have been ‘stalking’ this thread and many others for the past 6 mos to help put together the vision for my new Rubicon. There are so many great ideas, and everyone is so willing to share their experiences and advice on this site. It’s been a great help for me.

Here’s the break-down on my new toy:

2019 Rubicon JLU // 2.0L Turbo // 8 Speed Auto Transmission // Black Leather Seats // Cold Weather Group // Trailer Tow // LED Lighting // 8.4” Premium Audio // Active Safety // Advanced Safety // Steel Bumper // Hard Top Headliner // All Weather Mats // Remote Proximity Entry // Dual Top Group // Body Color Fenders // 35” Ridge Grappler Tires // 17“ Fuel Vector Wheels // ROAM Armor Steps

Jeep Pic.jpg
Sponsored

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
but I wonder if it's flat appearance leaves one wanting later on with buyers remorse.
NO WAY on buyers remorse, I love this color more everyday. As others have said the color really changes in different lighting and that makes it unique. It really looks good with the red and black accents. Anytime I see other vehicles with a similar color they really catch my eye. Great color choice I say, you will not regret it.

Signu616

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Definitely a freedom top off type of day between the rainstorms here in LA :beer:

4415A4DB-BDDC-44A6-A5A1-791C160E7E1B.jpeg
Hey Bandada what license plate bracket you have mounted?

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Hi Folks,

I'm considering Sting Ray. Full on Sting-Ray fenders and roof. Caught my eye unexpectedly while I was deliberating on CGM or FR. Originally I had my sites set on Granite (or firecracker red). I've got all three possible to buy at a local dealer and the libra in me is making this very difficult.
One thing I heard is that stingray paint shows the scratches really well (or badly-use of the word). Any sting-ray owners who can comment on if the paint scratches super easily? I'm told its almost as showable as black. I didn't expect this news.

Otherwise, any regrets on your choice of Sting-Ray? It sure is dynamic in difference lighting, but I wonder if it's flat appearance leaves one wanting later on with buyers remorse.

Thanks
G
I've had mine since last July and no scratches or swirl marks in the paint. I've had a black vehicle before and sting gray is so much easier to maintain. It really is a dynamic color. Depending on the light it has multiple personalities. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

Sponsored

lochado

First Name
donie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Picked up Sahara JL and love the color. Looking at a fender flag decal. didn't want to get black and wondering if Gray would show up or get lost in the color...anyone got a gray decal?

theninemilly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Sooo, my installer sends me these :rock:

Fckin tease :swear:

Tomorrow needs to happen, like, right now! LMFAO

156AB4AD-2352-4643-84F9-6B23FD15698B.jpeg

469037C8-DC72-49F9-93B1-6322C64ED9F0.jpeg

E6EF5244-D8FE-42A9-A773-768F9D342CE9.jpeg
Where did you get your suspension done? Looking to get something similar and i'm in NOVA as well.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Is that a DIY hard top lift? Would you mind sharing details? Looks great!
He is using a Racor Pro PHL-1R Pro Heavy Lift Storage Rack and the Topsy Hinge Hook Hoist brackets that mount onto the rear glass hinge of your hard top. You can Google Racor Jeep hardtop hoist and you will find more than enough information on how this hoist is used to take your hardtop off and store it suspended from your garage ceiling. I just ordered my parts to do this very same hoist and hopefully by next weekend I'll have completed the project.
Sponsored