Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
@jstew182 Any fitment issues with your AEV's? I have a set of Pintlers (same offset and backspacing as your Savegre) I just pulled off my JK and want to put them on my incoming JL. Also curious if the backup camera fits without modification.
No fitment issues that I am noticing at this point. I like the look of them sticking out a bit wider than the fenders. Only real issue is with the spare. It doesn't touch the rubber stoppers on the tailgate but still seems very stable. No modifications to the rear camera for it to fit but the camera is cut off a bit more than the stock wheels when on I can post a pic later of both of these but I am at work til after 9 tonight.

Reactions: Ape

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Ahh now I can’t unsee that. Went back a few pages and it looks like a very common thing. Perhaps that darker panel is a different material and doesn’t take the color the same way?

That’s annoying.
All part of FCA’s plan to sell you the 5” LED lights and mount which will cover the darker shade of gray! They know what they’re doing! Haha

Sponsored

random sample

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (sting-gray), 2008 BMW 128i
How is it that there is a random Sting Gray Rubi sitting in a dealership? And unsold!!!
My story was sort-of similar. I was checking around with different dealerships telling them what I was looking for -- unlimited Rubicon with a manual and soft-top. My first color choice was white. But one of the local dealerships told me they had this sting-gray in their pipeline, and we jumped on it. Drove it home 10 days later.

random sample

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (sting-gray), 2008 BMW 128i
In some of the pictures though, it’s just the lighting. It looks darker in a picture or two I’ve taken of mine, but it isn’t that way looking at it in real life.
Agree...it shows up much more distinctly in pictures, but I can barely see it at all when I actually look at the jeep.

Sponsored

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray
@jstew182 Any fitment issues with your AEV's? I have a set of Pintlers (same offset and backspacing as your Savegre) I just pulled off my JK and want to put them on my incoming JL. Also curious if the backup camera fits without modification.
Here's some pictures showing fitment...

MVIMG_20180602_163134.jpg

MVIMG_20180602_163122.jpg

IMG_20180603_204035.jpg

IMG_20180603_204110.jpg

MVIMG_20180603_204205.jpg

MVIMG_20180602_163323.jpg

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
Agree...it shows up much more distinctly in pictures, but I can barely see it at all when I actually look at the jeep.
I noticed it by looking at it, that’s why I took photos. I’m going to look at other colors to see if the same is true for them, as well.
Sponsored