Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you in Canada? I ordered 4/23 and hit E yesterday after 27 days in D1.
Yes, I'm in Ottawa, Canada. What kind of nonsense do you think is occurring when ordering from Canada?

Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last Monday my dealer spoke to the FCA rep in Toronto. The rep said the LED lighting group was holding up my order, although he said there was no restriction on the LED lighting group. I'll check the build status Monday. It better have changed to D.

If this drags on, do you think I would do better to stick it out, or cancel and order a 19 this fall?

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Not sure, but I do have LEDs and dual top.
Yes, I'm in Ottawa, Canada. What kind of nonsense do you think is occurring when ordering from Canada?
CANADA ORDERS:
Guys, I know the 'restrictions" vary but just to give you some idea, I ordered SG Rubicon unlimited,3.6. cold pack, audio nav pack,steel bumpers, proximity,coloured fenders,LED,Manual,trail rated kit...and no soft top,just a black hard top because the painted was on restriction and I needed my truck for a roadtrip in early July( I will get it painted when it comes) placed the order 4th March, dealer placed 6th March and got VON, got the VIN a few days later...then the wait started,production of SG started I think 1st week of April? went D1 17th May,that was a longgg 7 weeks from the start of SG production and 10 weeks from placement date ! built 24th May,shipped from factory same day, across lake Huron 30th May, Toronto railyard same day,left Toronto railyard 31st May,arrived Montreal railyard 1st June and is currently awaiting delivery to the dealer, as it's Grand Prix week here and I am slammed I will pick it up 11/12th June ...some guys in the US ordered and received their trucks within 14 days... I guess it's "normal" that the domestic market is given priority, it's clear by the lack of Jeep chat and other ways to track and interact in Canada that we are not high on the list lol... it's possible that mine being a manual might also have slowed the process, I think for the JK, manuals where about 25% of all orders so probably even less for the JL.
So there you go, that's my story, hope your orders are much faster...I am sure it's worth the wait...
:like:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
For the folks that have purchased from Dennis Dillon (and have excellent credit 800+) what kind of rate are they throwing at you when you get there to pick it up? In other words, to get the full discounted price.

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
Found a picture of my old Jeep to put with one of the new one:)

2F95ABF6-E38C-46A8-A5C5-7E40289E4955.jpeg
That’s a WOW.. Some things just keep getting better...the older they are!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Looks great! What happened to the old jeep?
Sold it off about twenty years ago. Shouldn’t have, but at the time something else seemed more important. It was a 45 CJ2A with seats in it out of a ford maverick or something like that.
Sponsored