Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am honestly thinking about writing an e-book about how to buy a Wrangler. all the answers are here but they are spread around so many different threads that new members can't piece it all together. I feel so bad when I see people struggling through the process.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I was able to renegotiate about a week into my order, and it went ok. I had a deal locked in at 3.5 below, but then another local dealer was advertising 5 below. I threatened to cancel, and my original dealer matched 5 below.
Carry in quotes from other dealerships, and be prepared to walk.
That's good advice. Find a nearby dealer with a no-haggle price (closest to you may be in Vegas) and get a quote. Then take that to your dealer.

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
That's good advice. Find a nearby dealer with a no-haggle price (closest to you may be in Vegas) and get a quote. Then take that to your dealer.
I should have gone to Jim Marsh in Vegas. They sent me a hard build sheet with price and discount if I wanted to cancel my other order and go with them. They honor all discounts. They quoted 49k for a 56k build

Sponsored

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
Really curious as to how to deal with this on my end. Was just going to ask about this topic today and now see this thread...

I ordered mine a few weeks back. It is set to ship on 6/9. We did not agree on price and I'm going to trade my JK in. Should I negotiate the sale price now before it comes in? Seems like I have more leverage now? Were others able to get close to invoice? I have never paid more than $100 over invoice for any new car. Should I expect different since this was a custom order?

Any guidance appreciated. I'm tempted to call dealer today and offer him a deal - seems like last day of the month is always a good day to close?
Yes, I would negotiate the sale price now. If they won't negotiate, I would be prepared to walk away. I had to and lost my $1000. deposit. I found another dealership that was several thousand below, so I still was ahead. My 1st dealership told me they would give me a discount and then withdrew the discount when I asked about it saying they made a mistake as wrangler were not part of the discount.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to renegotiate about a week into my order, and it went ok. I had a deal locked in at 3.5 below, but then another local dealer was advertising 5 below. I threatened to cancel, and my original dealer matched 5 below.
Carry in quotes from other dealerships, and be prepared to walk.
Yes, I agree that you have to be prepared to walk. My 1st dealer would not negotiate even with the offer I had from another dealership.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Yes, I agree that you have to be prepared to walk. My 1st dealer would not negotiate even with the offer I had from another dealership.
My dealer didn’t cash my deposit check until deal was done, so if they hadn’t met my price I would have just stopped payment on the check. I hadn’t signed anything saying not refundable. My argument would have been that it wasn’t described as an ordering fee, but a deposit. A deposit is a partial payment for something to be delivered.
Luckily they matched the other deal I found, so no arguments were necessary.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Really curious as to how to deal with this on my end. Was just going to ask about this topic today and now see this thread...

I ordered mine a few weeks back. It is set to ship on 6/9. We did not agree on price and I'm going to trade my JK in. Should I negotiate the sale price now before it comes in? Seems like I have more leverage now? Were others able to get close to invoice? I have never paid more than $100 over invoice for any new car. Should I expect different since this was a custom order?

Any guidance appreciated. I'm tempted to call dealer today and offer him a deal - seems like last day of the month is always a good day to close?
Speaking from my experience (order 1), get the deal done now! Get it in writing! You may have a great dealer, but they are in business to make money. Good luck!

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmmm...so are you saying that I should be able to argue to get my deposit back? I did sign something saying that I "may" lose the deposit if I cancel my order. I felt I had good reasons to cancel... my salesman said I was eligible for a $500 rebate and after the deal he said no. My salesman also said they could swap out my tires and when I asked what it would cost me, he said he had to call me later and never did. I asked the sales manager about the rebate who said it does't apply to wrangler and the tires who said I would pay another $1800 for them, then my salesman called me up mad that he got in trouble from his sales manager because I discussed with him the rebate and tires. That is when I started looking for another dealership. There are a few other things he said as well...the sales manager assured me that I wouldn't have to deal with the salesman if I stayed and assured me the salesman would never contact me again. I asked if they would honor the $500 and he said no. I had to walk away. Last week, (2 weeks after I cancelled) the salesman called and asked if I was planning to buy the jeep, I told him I ordered another and was getting it the next day. He actually told me that was not true and implied the new dealership had to have lied and had it on site for me. I couldn't order a custom jeep and get in it 15 days. Why would he call me and why would he make that statement??? So frustrating...I should drive up with the only Sting Gray in NH (I think) and show him my build sheet with MY NAME on it! Thanks for letting me vent.......and I lost my $1000. they said no that they will be stuck with a vehicle and tires...I wonder if they are getting the vehicle. FCA expedited my 2nd order, I didn't tell them most of this only about the rebate.

Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
FINALLY GOT HER HOME! The two hour ride home was bliss! The ride is great.. And the uconnect is outstanding. I love Sting-Gray! It is just amazing. It changes color depending on the light. Now let the mods begin!

The white jeep is my daughter's Sahara.

20180531_124919.jpg

20180531_124859.jpg

20180531_124836.jpg

20180531_124818.jpg

20180531_113143.jpg

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I am honestly thinking about writing an e-book about how to buy a Wrangler. all the answers are here but they are spread around so many different threads that new members can't piece it all together. I feel so bad when I see people struggling through the process.
I can help with some of the horrors :cwl:

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR

How did you order without agreeing to a price and placing a deposit?

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
FINALLY GOT HER HOME! The two hour ride home was bliss! The ride is great.. And the uconnect is outstanding. I love Sting-Gray! It is just amazing. It changes color depending on the light. Now let the mods begin!

20180531_124919.jpg

20180531_124859.jpg

20180531_124836.jpg

20180531_124818.jpg

20180531_113143.jpg
Love it. Very nice. Congratulations and enjoy!

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20180531_124919.jpg

20180531_124859.jpg

20180531_124836.jpg

20180531_124818.jpg

20180531_113143.jpg
Whohooo! I was just about to post saying, "Lenny...Where are you and your JEEPS???" But here you are! So awesome, Congratulations!!!! :) :) :)
Sponsored