Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
It’s built and passed inspection. You should be ready to ship in a day or two, and will get your window sticker.
Good stuff.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 JL Sport S (on order)
FYI, this is consistent with what everyone has been saying, but since this is an official communication from an actual FCA employee (a reply to my email to them using the recently-opened [email protected] email, which is the email equivalent of the newly opened hotline), thought I'd post it here for everyone. Exact text of an email I just received:

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT I am writing with regards to your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport! According to provided resources, your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport is still in the Sub-Firm Schedule Status (C). With that being said, our records show your vehicle was ordered with the Trail Rail Management System (CMD) which is not slated to go into production until late-May. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport order & provide any and all updates as they become available. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, Nicole Jeep Product Information Center​

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I find it troublesome that FCA would make available for inclusion on orders features that weren't then available, whose availability was at least 6 weeks off in the future (in my case), and whose availability even then was uncertain and subject to change (albeit that leaves open the possibility of changing it to earlier, though that seems remote unless by a very short time), and not inform people of that when taking the order.

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have a VIN yet, being as you have the Trail Rail System???
No VIN yet. Dealership is saying there's a leather shortage. I was able to get the Trail Rail Management system removed from my build.

My build: JLUR Sting-Gray 3.6. Color match top and fenders. All option but safety group. I like to live dangerously.

Edit: I ordered 04/02

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
By the way, I find it troublesome that FCA would make available for inclusion on orders features that weren't then available, whose availability was at least 6 weeks off in the future (in my case), and whose availability even then was uncertain and subject to change (albeit that leaves open the possibility of changing it to earlier, though that seems remote unless by a very short time), and not inform people of that when taking the order.
I agree, I would want to know too. If I knew certain upgrades would hold up my jeep build, and if they are available after market I would not order those upgrades into the build.

Sponsored

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was also able to get the TRMS removed from my order (according to my dealer, though I haven't seen the confirmation yet). My dealer's factory rep didn't know about the situation with the TRMS and thought perhaps there was confusion over the railcar delivery issue they've had. I forwarded that email to the dealer to forward on to her factory rep. Troubling that the people answering my email knew of the issue, but the actual reps in the factory who are communicating with the dealers are blissfully unaware.

RedXJ97

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 4 door, AX-15, OME/JKS suspension, 32's; 2018 JLU, 6-speed; 2006 Mazdaspeed6
Got a text from my Dealer this morning that our Jeep came in over night! Probably won't be able to go pick it up for a day or two but it's here. I'll see if I can get some pictures. He sent a shaky and sideways walk around video .

So... uh... who wants to buy a JK to hold them over until their JL comes in ? :cwl:

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
Got a text from my Dealer this morning that our Jeep came in over night! Probably won't be able to go pick it up for a day or two but it's here. I'll see if I can get some pictures. He sent a shaky and sideways walk around video .

So... uh... who wants to buy a JK to hold them over until their JL comes in ? :cwl:
please share that video

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

RedXJ97

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 4 door, AX-15, OME/JKS suspension, 32's; 2018 JLU, 6-speed; 2006 Mazdaspeed6
Here's a few screen grabs. I'll try and get the video up after lunch. Love how different the side in the sun is vs the shaded side. You can see the difference in the hood with the shadow across it as well. I promise I'll break out the real camera when we get it home. This was around 8AM so its morning sun. Just came off the truck so still has random foam and dirt.
IMG_E3962.JPG
IMG_E3963.JPG
IMG_E3964.JPG
IMG_E3965.JPG
IMG_E3966.JPG

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Except for those that are happily driving their delivered Jeeps.
They are dead to me.

Just kidding. I am happy for them.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here's a few screen grabs. I'll try and get the video up after lunch. Love how different the side in the sun is vs the shaded side. You can see the difference in the hood with the shadow across it as well. I promise I'll break out the real camera when we get it home. This was around 8AM so its morning sun. Just came off the truck so still has random foam and dirt.
IMG_E3962.JPG
IMG_E3963.JPG
IMG_E3964.JPG
IMG_E3965.JPG
IMG_E3966.JPG
Thanks! You are the first on the forum to get a Sport S I think. Would love to see more pictures!

Sting Gray Heel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMG_E3962.JPG
IMG_E3963.JPG
IMG_E3964.JPG
IMG_E3965.JPG
IMG_E3966.JPG
Any change you can post your full build? I also have a Sport S, but with soft top.

Congrats! Looks great!