AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
My 2021, love the Sting Gray!

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 7CEB8BFF-F46C-424B-AE09-8AAFCCCB2E36

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 7CEB8BFF-F46C-424B-AE09-8AAFCCCB2E36

When did you take delivery of your 4Xe? That looks great, I have a Sting Gray Rubicon 4Xe coming in a few weeks. Good to see them out on the road being used. Thanks for posting these.

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
When did you take delivery of your 4Xe? That looks great, I have a Sting Gray Rubicon 4Xe coming in a few weeks. Good to see them out on the road being used. Thanks for posting these.
Late October - Mine's company owned and I'm an employee. My family has about 6000 miles on this one. I love it!
I hope you love your 4xe!!

Sponsored

Spars

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 2018 Sahara Unlimited
I see you picked up from LHM Sandy, I just picked mine up on Wednesday. Who was your sales guy, mine was Kiwi Ken.

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 6BC5EE24-3BD5-415C-B137-5CB9BDDB4FE2
I picked mine up at LHM Boise, Chris Cloe was my sales guy.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 6BC5EE24-3BD5-415C-B137-5CB9BDDB4FE2

Finally got her respectable.
Method MR305 17x8.5 +0mm fromCustom Offsets
BFG KO2 315/70 R17 mounted at Discount Tire
AEV DualSport 2.5” lift and TeraFlex adjustable front trackbar from Morris 4x4 with ~3.5” actual increase
ARB Bondi Deluxe full width front bumper hiding a Warn Zeon 10k with synthetic rope and a Factor 55 flatlink
Wishing ARB would come out with a matching rear bumper with tire carrier
Artec under armor in the future too.

The lift reviews are right, it actually does handle better on road than it did stock. We’ll see about off-road in a couple weeks.
This is gorgeous!!!

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
In Cleveland National Forest, California

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club GK9IchG
Great pics, Tomas...thanks for sharing. I live a few miles from Cleveland Nat'l Forest, but I'm new to the area and just curious where you go wheelin'. Not looking for anything extreme...just mild to moderate trails and overlanding. Appreciate any advice, and hope to see you out there sometime. Just look for the 2-door Sting-Gray!

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Great pics, Tomas...thanks for sharing. I live a few miles from Cleveland Nat'l Forest, but I'm new to the area and just curious where you go wheelin'. Not looking for anything extreme...just mild to moderate trails and overlanding. Appreciate any advice, and hope to see you out there sometime. Just look for the 2-door Sting-Gray!
Hey Jeff, welcome! I am relatively new to the area as well. Below are some easy and moderate trails I have done and/or was recommended. I haven't done all of them. Maybe some experienced southern california locals can jump in here and make some recommendations as well.

Easy:
Otay Mountain Truck Trail
Thomas Mountain Road
Black Mountain Truck Trail
Santiago Peak
Bee Canyon Truck Trail

Moderate:
Cleghorn Ridge Truck Trail
Cooper Canyon/Sleepy Hallow
Heartbreak Ridge

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Tomas. I have driven part of Bee Canyon in my CJ-5 and enjoyed it very much, but it can get super busy, especially when the area is open for shooting. Better to go there in the hotter/drier months when shooting is prohibited because of fire danger. The list you provided is a great start, and I'll check out some of those trails. I also know that there's plenty to see around Anza Borrego, such as the mud caves, Shell Highway, and Clark dry lake bed, but I haven't been yet. Hell...I don't even have my new Jeep yet! Hope to see you on the trail some time, and appreciate the great tips.
Sponsored

Last edited: