Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
Dealer just called. I Ordered 2/27 dual top Rubi, painted fenders. He obtained an April 20 ship date and said that means it should arrive on the west coast in mid May.
Sponsored

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It looks like we have some graphic designers in the Sting Gray club. I love seeing all the different takes on Sting Gray. I thought I would share my design idea.

Alright time to get back to doing work that pays.

logo-stingray.png

Edit:

stinggray.png

Last edited:

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh that’s cool I like that as well

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Great to see we have a New Home with our Official Sting Gray Club. Nothing like Home Sweat Home.
maxresdefault (2).jpg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Kinda surprised that I’ve read as many SG posts as I have and don’t remember seeing any Steve Irwin memes. Maybe gray is a sign of maturity?

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Man I originally wanted Sting Gray but didn't want to wait so got black. I showed the wife and she just made *puke* noises, so I'm glad I didn't wait..lol I love that color on the Raptor, but it just looks weird on the JL.
Black looks great on the New Jeeps, congrats on your purchase. I've owned Black cars for years and was looking for something different. Sorry to hear about your wifes illness.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black looks great on the New Jeeps, congrats on your purchase. I've owned Black cars for years and was looking for something different. Sorry to hear about your wifes illness.
I’ve had black Harley’s. Beautiful, but high maintenance. Shows every speck of dust. My Ram is very similar to granite, and looks good dirty or clean, but it seems like every third JL is granite. Didn’t want to see my Jeep everywhere I go . SG was a pretty easy choice.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Kinda surprised that I’ve read as many SG posts as I have and don’t remember seeing any Steve Irwin memes. Maybe gray is a sign of maturity?
That was in another Stingray thread....

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
How light/dark is that Stingray color in person? I know it is lighter than the Granite Crystal but I was hoping it isn't too light. I am on the fence between these two colors.

My only other worry with Stingray is non-metallic paint tends to show scratches more. Decisions, decisions...

Also these JLURs have so many options except steel bumpers?!? :giggle:

Sponsored

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
How light/dark is that Stingray color in person? I know it is lighter than the Granite Crystal but I was hoping it isn't too light. I am on the fence between these two colors.

My only other worry with Stingray is non-metallic paint tends to show scratches more. Decisions, decisions...
I have never had a metallic paint, but neither my JK nor YJ showed scratches any worse than any car I've seen. I think this is all in your head...;)
I have seen the color on a Charger in person, and I think it flows from light to dark depending on the angle that you are viewing it at.
Just get it. I know you'll love it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Also these JLURs have so many options except steel bumpers?!? :giggle:
It is going to be very sensitive to light. It will change colors a lot. Ive seen it in person on a challenger at dusk and it is a medium gray. But it bright sunlight it will be a light gray.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I think this might be the most polarizing color I’ve ever seen. I don’t want to invite ragging on it because that’s just childish, but I am curious whether anyone is neutral.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this might be the most polarizing color I’ve ever seen. I don’t want to invite ragging on it because that’s just childish, but I am curious whether anyone is neutral.
Not sure they would be in the SG club thread if they were neutral. I would have thought Mojito would be the most polarizing.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Not sure they would be in the SG club thread if they were neutral. I would have thought Mojito would be the most polarizing.
May be more accurate to say it’s remarkably polarizing for such a neutral color. You expect bright colors to have detractors, but greys are hard to get worked up about. Usually.
Sponsored