STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
I am skeptical that they build in VIN order personally. There are people who got VINs in D that took months to get built based on available parts.
I agree that it is not a rigid sequence. They have to account for unique parts, changing availabilities, etc. But based on Sergio's info alone it definitely is a good broad guideline. Do Jeeps with higher VINs get built before lower VINs? Certainly. I'm just saying I think that for the most part, if your last 6 is in the 190xxx range, you will be built before a VIN in the 210xxx range. The gateline number is the hard sequential number it sounds like, and they generally assign gateline numbers to VIN batches.
Sponsored

ChrisPbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon on order
I really don't think VIN matters a whole lot. More of a batch process to build Jeeps that have similar options. At least that would make sense from a production stand point. Run all rubicon's with the same axles and hoods at the same time so you don't have mix all the parts in the process. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, that is what I get from thinking logical.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
That would be painful, knowing it is built and just sitting, baking in the sun and getting grayer. Is that a word? I would devise a plan to go break it out of the storage yard and deal with the consequences. :stop:
But really only because you know it. Most people buy off the lot. How long did it sit there? How long was it in storage before that?

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
So sayeth Sergio:

Your car is framed and in the transfer to go to paint.

:rock:
Is it too late to glean the knowledge and wisdom that the man, who’s name we will not speak of, possesses in reference to the status of our SGs?

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
I really don't think VIN matters a whole lot. More of a batch process to build Jeeps that have similar options. At least that would make sense from a production stand point. Run all rubicon's with the same axles and hoods at the same time so you don't have mix all the parts in the process. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, that is what I get from thinking logical.
If Sergio is to be believed, it definitely matters. You can look at one of my earlier posts for his exact words.

Sponsored

ChrisPbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon on order
If Sergio is to be believed, it definitely matters. You can look at one of my earlier posts for his exact words.
Oh I sure it matters sum, but I don't think it is the determining factor on which goes first. There has to be a huge number of variables that all play a part on when something actually gets built.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! You should show up on the tracker today. It is supposed to be up to date once the build starts. Let us know if you do. That would confirm Sergio's accuracy.

Congratulations!
I didn't show up this morning, but jstew just showed up in E.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I think vins are issued in order. After that, it’s time ordered and parts availability.
Get in a shipment of led lights, line up some builds that need them. They don’t store parts there, so it makes sense to build them for the parts you have access to at a given time.

Sponsored