STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Ok fair enough. I did say roughly. I would think a vin starting production before another that is 4000 lower counts as roughly. To put it in perspective, my vin is 20,000 higher than both those. You guys are wringing your hands over which day of the week next week your Jeep gets built. I'm hoping I get a damn gate number next week. Our collective status' are in line with the last six of a vin being a rough guide to production queue.

If you want to disprove that, find a vin in the 200xxx + range that has a gateline number lower than yours. Or find a vin in the 190xxx range that doesn't have one at all.

Are you seeing it now? Have another one for me :beer::champagne:
No not really, good luck with your build. This all started with me replying to some one that said I may have the lowest vin, Iā€™m not worried what day it starts. It would be nice if I could have it by early June for a four wheeling trip I am going on.
Sponsored

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
No not really, good luck with your build. This all started with me replying to some one that said I may have the lowest vin, Iā€™m not worried what day it starts. It would be nice if I could have it by early June for a four wheeling trip I am going on.
It's all good man. Read through it again tomorrow after a nice cheesesteak and it might seem more clear.

I think the key takeaway here is that they are legit building Sting-Grays right now. Our Jeeps will be built!

Edit: and I guarantee you get yours before June. So congrats!

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
What if this is a big joke and Sergio is just some random guy, and FCA still canā€™t get the color to match on steel, plastic and aluminum... and thatā€™s the hold up...
Sting Gray has been in production for some time as a different name called Destroyer Gray. If they were able to successfully spray it on Dodge Challengers why would there be a problem now?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Sting Gray has been in production for some time as a different name called Destroyer Gray. If they were able to successfully spray it on Dodge Challengers why would there be a problem now?
Itā€™s always been stated itā€™s a late availability color. People knew that when they ordered. They need to just deal with the choice they made.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Great! He said mine would start mid week. I probably wonā€™t check with him again for a couple of weeks.
I haven't checked back with him since the first time, he just sends me updates randomly!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So sayeth Sergio:

Your car is framed and in the transfer to go to paint.

:rock:
Awesome! You should show up on the tracker today. It is supposed to be up to date once the build starts. Let us know if you do. That would confirm Sergio's accuracy.

Congratulations!

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
What if this is a big joke and Sergio is just some random guy, and FCA still canā€™t get the color to match on steel, plastic and aluminum... and thatā€™s the hold up...
We will know in a week or so. My dealer said mine shipped on 4/11 and will be in "in a week or so". It's coming by train from Toledo to NH. Sergio says it will be built late next week.
Sponsored