STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
What's in front? looks like you need a roof rack :)
Ya, roof rack is on my list for when I’ve got the hardtop on, but options a limited for soft top without committing to the full Gobi / Barricade setup. I’m a big fan of this simpler option: https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch/Draw-Tite/65079.html
Inexpensive, easy install. Hooked up an old cargo rack I had and a $50 weatherproof cargo bag. Works great!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ya, roof rack is on my list for when I’ve got the hardtop on, but options a limited for soft top without committing to the full Gobi / Barricade setup. I’m a big fan of this simpler option: https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch/Draw-Tite/65079.html
Inexpensive, easy install. Hooked up an old cargo rack I had and a $50 weatherproof cargo bag. Works great!
Whatever works! And it seems to do just fine, kudos!

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
What size tire is that, 35?
Sorry for the delayed response. Been traveling. 295/75/17, which equates to 34.4". They are BFG KM3. I don't have them anymore but I think they actually measured about 33.5 or so on the vehicle.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Been thinking of naming my JLUS Mylio short for myliobatformes aka a stingray. Opinions?
There's a point to my response, but I have to build up to my eventual question.

My wife and I have been huge fans of a television show called Supernatural. The 2 main characters are brothers named Dean and Sam. For most of its 15 seasons, another big character has referred to them with the nicknames Squirrel and Moose, respectively. An ode to the older Rocky and Bullwinkle comic strips.

About a year before I got my Jeep, we got a male Maltese puppy. We ended up naming him Moose, as an ode to one of our favorite characters and the bonus haha factor of a tiny dog with a big name.

A couple months before my factory ordered JLUR showed up, I had to renew my registration. While doing that online, i stumbled into the vanity plate section and thought how cool it would be to not have some generic plate on my new and first Jeep. I ended up with SQUIRR3L. It's not a chosen name for my Jeep, and not myself or anyone else has called it by that name. It's just a non boring plate to me.

I often enough get asked about it by passers by, that I usually just simply say "like a squirrel, it'll climb over anything". It's also the same color as one. It's way easier and quicker than going on about my dog and my TV preferences.

So I gotta ask, is it something you like enough to repeatedly explain? Don't get me wrong, it's cool and interesting, but does it have a strong enough meaning to you personally? A name will come naturally over time.

Cheers, fellow Stingrayer!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
About a year before I got my Jeep, we got a male Maltese puppy.
:)
Not a Maltese but almost, our Maltipoo, he loves taking the wheel of our Sting Gray!
And we got him about a year before we got our JL too :)

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club j drivin

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
:)
Not a Maltese but almost, our Maltipoo, he loves taking the wheel of our Sting Gray!
And we got him about a year before we got our JL too :)

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club j drivin
Hahaha
What's the little man's name?

Moose hasn't gone for the wheel yet, but he sure does love towering over others for a change.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club IMG_3668

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hahaha
What's the little man's name?

Moose hasn't gone for the wheel yet, but he sure does love towering over others for a change.
Nice shot Mike!
Our little ball of trouble is named Jasper, had to get an auto trans as he just couldn't reach the clutch, but can get it in 4lo :)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice shot Mike!
Our little ball of trouble is named Jasper, had to get an auto trans as he just couldn't reach the clutch, but can get it in 4lo :)
Great shot yourself! I'll have to give him his first driving lesson the next time moms riding shotgun, so we can get a pic.

Briarsmoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ram
Bought a new 2020 sport s Thursday, took it down 10 miles of rough road today. Aside from the 4wd popping out of 4H a couple times It was fantastic (I must not have popped it into 4H with enough authority. Subsequent attempts of going from 2H to 4H were fine). I plan on driving it bone stock for a few weeks before lifting it, just in case any warranty issues pop up.
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 639EB23C-7093-4668-9DC2-42C2457A1CBA

Briarsmoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ram
Is anyone running quadratec 41’s on a sting gray wrangler? Just bought a 2 door and am considering these. Wondering how the smoke bronze looks against the sting gray.
Sponsored