Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

Ruduece71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
I spent months trying to decide between billet silver, ocean blue, and sting gray. Drove all of them and decided on the sting gray. The longer I drive it, the more I’m convinced I made the right decision. I get stares everywhere I go. Added a lift and wheels and she’s a beauty. Can’t wait to take her camping and off road.

5B8BCB2F-383F-407B-AEE5-758A97C28C27.jpeg

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Took a drive up Halfmoon Gulch near Leadville this past weekend.

sg.jpg
Not judging, just curious... What's the purpose of the bikini top if you could ride with the soft top up, safari style?

Sponsored

Xerxes

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
This forum has been extremely helpful in helping me make decisions with my new Jeep. Jeep owner for 10 years, just traded up from a 2014 JKUR.

2019 JLUR
2.0L, 8-speed
Sky-One Touch
Method MR309 Grid in Grey
Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 37x12.50 R17
Teraflex ST2

More to come!
IMG-3077.JPG
IMG-3072.JPG

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You get the top off open air feel with sun protection for the family.
Okay, cool. I get that feeling from going safari mode (roof up, but no back or side windows). But I've never been in a Jeep with a bikini top, might be better.

rBAv-suxkfqoS92D3ODQNl6QjAZjk8wQdahiOCm89rpBOFD2D1HEqC2Whcm0uUYUdeyirTMk_pLZK0e5Kg=w1255-h941-no.jpg

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey guys, I’m posting this in the sting grey thread because I know you guys won’t crucify me, because I’m one of the group...

So we all remember the first time we grinded gears on our first manual transmission, right? You remember the shame you feel? The fear that you damaged something? Only to go on the forums and read that grinding gears every once in awhile isn’t really that big of a deal as long as it doesn’t happen to often?

Well, I need that reassuring support now...

The other day I took my Jeep to a dirt and gravel road (very compact, with very good traction) and I drove around for a few hundred feet in 4hi and 4lo, to test out the transfer case and make sure my lockers worked.

Now, reading all about binding and realizing maybe the dirt road wasn’t that smart of a place to test out my 4hi/4lo/lockers, I feel great shame.

Again, it was only a few hundred feet of driving and not much turning at all. Am I okay?

Sponsored

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also new to Jeeps, I wanted to say two things. One, welcome. Yes, you're among friends. Two, I would think that a few hundred feet would be okay. If you could break a Jeep that easily, I think we wouldn't all be into Jeeps.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I declare myself part of the club. Picked this up a couple of Saturdays ago.

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm also new to Jeeps, I wanted to say two things. One, welcome. Yes, you're among friends. Two, I would think that a few hundred feet would be okay. If you could break a Jeep that easily, I think we wouldn't all be into Jeeps.
Thank you for the welcome and reassurance