STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Mine should be here in the next 3 weeks or sooner....plan to change all exterior red accents to a combination of matte blacks and grays.. I have spent quite a bit of time looking for pics of people who have done the same to get a feel for things but not finding much. My plan: badges and key holes will go matte black, red hooks will go some shade of grey darker than Sting gray, Rubicon stickers have already arrived.... ordered a few so I had options and I think I am going with one that looks like the MOAB sticker but with a "matte" black outline (dark grey for the main letters), antenna will go black. Did a little Illustrator to get the red out, not pro so no making fun of the tech skills....this is a start of what I am looking for.
Image 3-7-19 at 1.03 PM (1).jpg
I think it will look AWESOME....love the Rubicons but not a fan of the red accents, stitching and much less the dashboard. Big fan of silver because of looks and not difficult to keep clean, but Stingray is such a badass color. Congrats, make sure you post pics..

Heuer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK/WK2
Mine should be here in the next 3 weeks or sooner....plan to change all exterior red accents to a combination of matte blacks and grays.. I have spent quite a bit of time looking for pics of people who have done the same to get a feel for things but not finding much. My plan: badges and key holes will go matte black, red hooks will go some shade of grey darker than Sting gray, Rubicon stickers have already arrived.... ordered a few so I had options and I think I am going with one that looks like the MOAB sticker but with a "matte" black outline (dark grey for the main letters), antenna will go black. Did a little Illustrator to get the red out, not pro so no making fun of the tech skills....this is a start of what I am looking for.
Image 3-7-19 at 1.03 PM (1).jpg
That will look really clean. Post some pics after you get everything swapped over, I might need to steal your idea though for my 2 door when I get it :)

More importantly what color will the Oly LowLife sticker be?

tabbyayn

First Name
Tabitha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR 3.6, 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Thought I’d introduce myself because I just ordered a 2019 JLUR in Sting Gray about an hour ago!

Now the wait begins.

3.6L V6
Auto
Black Leather
Steel Bumper Group
8.4” Premium Audio
Tow Package
Cold Weather Package
LED Package
Color Hardtop/color fenders
Remote Proximity
And the 4 additional gallons of gas!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slatecaller

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Will be joining the club as soon as my 2019 JLUR Sting-Gray I ordered Friday comes in. Trading in my 2012 JKUR Winter Chill that I loved but I’m ready for a new JLUR.

3.6 V6
Auto
Cloth Seats
Body Color Hardtop and Fenders
Steel Bumper Group
8.4” Radio
Tow Package
Cold Weather Group
LED Lighting
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

OlyCoug

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
That will look really clean. Post some pics after you get everything swapped over, I might need to steal your idea though for my 2 door when I get it :)

More importantly what color will the Oly LowLife sticker be?
I will post some pics when I get it done, of course you can always just come by and see it it too....O town! Would love to see the same look on a two door in town.

Sponsored

OlyCoug

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
I think it will look AWESOME....love the Rubicons but not a fan of the red accents, stitching and much less the dashboard. Big fan of silver because of looks and not difficult to keep clean, but Stingray is such a badass color. Congrats, make sure you post pics..
I will be sure to post some pics. I hear you on the reds; I wanted the stock stance of the Rubicon so bad but would have preferred the silver dash with no red stitching. Ultimately it came down to knowing I could easily adjust the exterior to having no red and embracing the interior reds because it's mostly a second vehicle for fun (mid life crisis/life long dream) and it actually supports my custom college plates which will be the same color.

tabbyayn

First Name
Tabitha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR 3.6, 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Ok….this is my first post. I have been ‘stalking’ this thread and many others for the past 6 mos to help put together the vision for my new Rubicon. There are so many great ideas, and everyone is so willing to share their experiences and advice on this site. It’s been a great help for me.

Here’s the break-down on my new toy:

2019 Rubicon JLU // 2.0L Turbo // 8 Speed Auto Transmission // Black Leather Seats // Cold Weather Group // Trailer Tow // LED Lighting // 8.4” Premium Audio // Active Safety // Advanced Safety // Steel Bumper // Hard Top Headliner // All Weather Mats // Remote Proximity Entry // Dual Top Group // Body Color Fenders // 35” Ridge Grappler Tires // 17“ Fuel Vector Wheels // ROAM Armor Steps

Jeep Pic.jpg
Questions for ya’:
How was the install of the ROAM steps? Looks like they are below the stock rock rail so I’m guessing those didn’t have to come off? I love the way they look!

TahoeJeep

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Questions for ya’:
How was the install of the ROAM steps? Looks like they are below the stock rock rail so I’m guessing those didn’t have to come off? I love the way they look!
The installation of the steps are straightforward. It probably took me around 2.5 hours from start to end. You will need to remove stock rails. The ROAM steps bolt right into the frame....no no drilling is required. The steps don’t come with any instructions, so this post saved me a bunch of time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/roam-side-steps-install.12279/#post-298689

The steps also come with LED lights, that I connected to the dome lighting, so they turn on when a door is opened or by using the key fob to unlock the doors. This part took some additional time and effort, but it was worth it. It’s functional at night, but it I think it looks good too.

2B10A8DE-6D30-40F9-84EC-106961ED5B84.jpeg

Last edited: