STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

JahRomo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I also have the black fenders and top and like the contrasting look. That was what was available on the lot since I didn't order, so not much of a choice. I could get behind the colored top with back fenders though if I had the option to order.
Sponsored

STLMAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I personally really like the look of SG fenders with the black hard top. I think it gives it a really nice offset. I personally feel like with the color matched hard top it’s a little too much SG.

I attached a picture for reference.

7A5A21B0-966B-40B3-8C5F-D3C5FEA2DE1F.jpeg
I agree. Too each their own, but I like the contrast of the black top (mine's a soft top) with the SG colored fenders. I also think the Rubicon decals on the hood help to offset the SG color.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and forth on matching top, fenders, and visa versa. In the end, the problem I had is they all look freaking sweat. Ended up going matched all around but again, impossible to go wrong.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How do I get a Sting Gray badge?
I've added you to the list. Once I get enough interest to place an order I will contact you with more details. Thanks!

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hi guys, I have over 8,000 miles on Lagertha. We’re still in love :involve:! I get so many people complimenting the color...definitely the best color:) For those still waiting, the wait is worth it and you won’t be disappointed with your color choice ;)
I just placed my factory order last weekend after torturing myself (and my wife) for months about the color. Now I don't know what to do with myself while I wait. Lol.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I just placed my factory order last weekend after torturing myself (and my wife) for months about the color. Now I don't know what to do with myself while I wait. Lol.
Well, I speak from experience when I say the wait is awful! However, the wait is worth it! Did you go with automatic or manual?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Well, I speak from experience when I say the wait is awful! However, the wait is worth it! Did you go with automatic or manual?
Automatic because I wanted the 2.0L.

That said...Both my wife and I can drive a manual and that would have been my preference if I chose the 3.6 and my commute was better. This will be my DD and my daily 2 hour commute is 70% stop-and-go traffic.

Do you have a manual? I've heard that it's a great transmission.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automatic because I wanted the 2.0L.

That said...Both my wife and I can drive a manual and that would have been my preference if I chose the 3.6 and my commute was better. This will be my DD and my daily 2 hour commute is 70% stop-and-go traffic.

Do you have a manual? I've heard that it's a great transmission.
I do have a manual...all of my Wranglers have been :) This is by far the best manual of them all. This is my dd and I am in stop and go traffic and I still love it :involve:

Seven-gill

First Name
Linh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLUR, '15 Range Rover HSE, '05 Toyota 4Runner
I ordered sting-gray with black interior even though I didn’t like the red dash only because I had heard so many times that the tan interior wouldn’t look good but yours looks fantastic! My order is still in D1. You think I can change it to tan? I will call the dealer today when they open. Is yours a Rubicon? Do you like the tan interior now that you have it?

Thanks!

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered sting-gray with black interior even though I didn’t like the red dash only because I had heard so many times that the tan interior wouldn’t look good but yours looks fantastic! My order is still in D1. You think I can change it to tan? I will call the dealer today when they open. Is yours a Rubicon? Do you like the tan interior now that you have it?

Thanks!
So glad I grabbed the Tan. I wasn't sure it'd match the SG but dang if it doesn't look awesome in these pics. You can tell its a Rubicon because it says Rubicon on the seats. Best of luck getting it changed.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I grabbed the Tan. I wasn't sure it'd match the SG but dang if it doesn't look awesome in these pics. You can tell its a Rubicon because it says Rubicon on the seats. Best of luck getting it changed.[/
I went with this color combo as well. I think it’s classy & rugged at the same time. The red stitching & dash are fantastic but not for me.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!
I don’t think you can change it once it is in D1 status...perhaps you can pressure your dealer. Good luck :)

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone debadged their Rubicon yet? I'm ever so tempted...not loving the lettering. Want to go more subtle, but then wondering if I need to plasti dip the tow hooks and emblems too? Thinking all SG and black....anyone have any pics that would simulate? Maybe a 4dr Sport?
Did you decide to black out the badges? I’m planning to do this & replace Rubicon decal with all black Rubicon decal. I will also do the tow hooks. Goal is to get rid of all red on the SG. If you did, I’d love to see some pictures! Also, thanks for posting your interior pictures! Ordered on 9-29-18 & the wait is brutal!