Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
so how do we SGers feel about black hardtop vs body color hardtop? i have a JLUS with body color top on order but am second guessing my carefully thought out decision....
From a practical stand point...Black top (easier to spot paint) painted fenders (way easier to keep clean). My last Jeep had painted top and black fenders.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hi guys, I have over 8,000 miles on Lagertha. We’re still in love :involve:! I get so many people complimenting the color...definitely the best color:) For those still waiting, the wait is worth it and you won’t be disappointed with your color choice ;)

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
so how do we SGers feel about black hardtop vs body color hardtop? i have a JLUS with body color top on order but am second guessing my carefully thought out decision....
I have the black hard top and I love it. You can’t go wrong either way.

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
From a practical stand point...Black top (easier to spot paint) painted fenders (way easier to keep clean). My last Jeep had painted top and black fenders.
That's my mentality, which is why I ordered that way. I do think the painted top on the Sting Gray looks awesome, but I was thinking, since I want to be taking the top off as much as possible, A) why pay more for a painted top, and B) I'd feel worse if I accidentally scratched it while removing it or something. Besides, once it's off, it's all Sting Gray! Also, I'd like to get a fast back hard top at some point, so maybe I can sell the black hard top.

But I went with the painted fenders because they'd be easier to maintain, and I've seen the black fenders on a few older jeeps, and the sun always makes them look faded with time. At least down here where it's always hot!

:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:
Oops I deleted the close up pic...

AEC46898-BFDB-42B8-B0DF-A7E541ECD38C.png
[/QUOTE]

I want to say I've had this beer, but looks like a tasty beverage either way!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I also went painted fenders black top. I didn’t like the painted fenders on the jk but with the black trim and more minimal body, I think they look great on the JL. The painted top is too matchy on the two door so I went black but I’m going to wrap it white then maybe paint it like the jeepster.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
I think ours is shipping today...Just spoke with the interior installer, the amoretto tuscan Katzkin leather will be in next week. Getting psyched...i seriously doubt my wife is going to let me drive it though....!

Sponsored

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I think ours is shipping today...Just spoke with the interior installer, the amoretto tuscan Katzkin leather will be in next week. Getting psyched...i seriously doubt my wife is going to let me drive it though....!
Mine just hit KZ status this morning said shipped can't wait !!!! Estimated delivery 11/21

IronChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I personally really like the look of SG fenders with the black hard top. I think it gives it a really nice offset. I personally feel like with the color matched hard top it’s a little too much SG.

I attached a picture for reference.

7A5A21B0-966B-40B3-8C5F-D3C5FEA2DE1F.jpeg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Mine is black top/ black fenders, and I love it. Somewhere in this thread there are pics of a painted top with black fenders. You don’t often see that combo... it looks really good. If I were ordering tomorrow, I might go that route. Really unique.
Sponsored