STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
I think mine is doing what he can with what little information he is given. It was funny today when he called me back. He was stammering something terrible. Really worried I was about to ream him. It’s not to that point yet. I’m still well short of what I was told the average order time was when I ordered.
It’s just that it’s ready, I’m ready, and I know in my case they can’t blame rail delays, so it’s irritating.
I agree with you, they can't control the rail delays. I am more aggravated with the inaccuracy on information. He should just be saying "i don't know". I wait and see what the other dealership comes up with for a price and see if it is significant enough to lose my deposit and increase wait time.
Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
That is awesome! When did you order? I believe mine is sitting in a lot waiting for it's rail assignment day of 5/13. At least that is what customer service told me a couple of days ago. It' left the factory on 4/23.
The order officially went in 3/1 but remains at the 2/28 agreement on price. Mine got built 4/16 and was stuck in JB until it hit KZ 4/24 thanks to Serge. 4/26 it got stuck in Alorton and ETA immediately changed from 5/8-5/12 to TBD....I’m starting to hope/think that it still shows up this next week based off others escaping.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The order officially went in 3/1 but remains at the 2/28 agreement on price. Mine got built 4/16 and was stuck in JB until it hit KZ 4/24 thanks to Serge. 4/26 it got stuck in Alorton and ETA immediately changed from 5/8-5/12 to TBD....I’m starting to hope/think that it still shows up this next week based off others escaping.
I am wondering if that is where mine is. It was built on 4/18 and KZ on 4/23. I ordered 3/6.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I agree with you, they can't control the rail delays. I am more aggravated with the inaccuracy on information. He should just be saying "i don't know". I wait and see what the other dealership comes up with for a price and see if it is significant enough to lose my deposit and increase wait time.
What they told me today makes some sense, but I’m not sure if I believe it. They said on allocated deliveries, usually the whole truck goes to that dealer. On the special orders, they will put them on an allocated truck if there’s room, if not they sit and wait until they have enough for a load headed this direction, but instead of it being a load for a dealer it’s one here, unload, drive to another dealer, unload another one, etc.
They said sometimes that works in your favor, but sometimes not.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering if that is where mine is. It was built on 4/18 and KZ on 4/23. I ordered 3/6.
Yup and the wait isn’t necessarily killing me. It’s the fact that orders from late March and early April are being delivered already even though I tried to hop on as soon as the color was available to order.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup and the wait isn’t necessarily killing me. It’s the fact that orders from late March and early April are being delivered already even though I tried to hop on as soon as the color was available to order.
I know, I am happy for them, but....!

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Can you be happy for someone, yet still hate them with every fiber of your being?:)
I've tried when it comes to sports. Some say you should support your conference/division but no matter what I can not root for my rivals. I hope they lose every game!

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Need to be happy for them, but not think about my own lack of luck. Now if my next door neighbor rolled in with a sting gray, that is a different story!!!
Lol I fear the person that tries to act like they know a lot about the JL (and aren’t on these forums or Jeep people in general)...I can think of all the possibilities but I can’t wait for the “Oh well I never buy the first production year.” It’s a valid argument but let me tell you about all of the things I can possibly expect to see go wrong and what things were actually caught and fixed before Sting-Gray production even began.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol I fear the person that tries to act like they know a lot about the JL (and aren’t on these forums or Jeep people in general)...I can think of all the possibilities but I can’t wait for the “Oh well I never buy the first production year.” It’s a valid argument but let me tell you about all of the things I can possibly expect to see go wrong and what things were actually caught and fixed before Sting-Gray production even began.
I heard that about a month ago and I didn't respond....

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I honestly think that the worst part of the ones being produced right now will be parts availability. I think.... and pray.... that most problems have been recognized and resolved by now.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that about a month ago and I didn't respond....
Thankfully all I’ve gotten so far is “When’s the Jeep coming?” “It’s still not here?!?” (Which to their point I’ve been talking about getting one since January) and “You’ll have to take me for a ride when you get it.”

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sold my JK and everyone keeps asking where my jeep is, sigh....
Sponsored