STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport/ Ordered order 5/8 JLUR
Well I got the “we’Il look into it..... any day now “ speech.
At least they know I’m getting a little irritated now.
I got in touch with national headquarters and they left me a message that they are expediting it. After getting a call on April 11 from my salesman that it was already shipped to them saying yesterday, some day in May, I have had it.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think every person that buys a granite posts a picture in the Granite Club. But I think we've seen pretty much every Sting-Gray!
I am glad I ordered a sting gray, but I must say that when I saw the Ocean Blue Rubicon with the red lettering at the dealership. It was beautiful and I didn't think I would like that blue from the photos, but very tempting when I saw it in person.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
I am glad I ordered a sting gray, but I must say that when I saw the Ocean Blue Rubicon with the red lettering at the dealership. It was beautiful and I didn't think I would like that blue from the photos, but very tempting when I saw it in person.
But it doesn't have a cool name like Sting-Gray. It sounds like a Top Gun nickname.

B417

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLU Sahara
I got in touch with national headquarters and they left me a message that they are expediting it. After getting a call on April 11 from my salesman that it was already shipped to them saying yesterday, some day in May, I have had it.
You use the link in my post for contacts?

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You use the link in my post for contacts?
Yes, I sent an email and they called me the next morning. The only issue is, I am so ticked at my salesman, I am strongly considering reordering at another dealership. I really like my dealership, just not happy with the sales man. I have a call out and told them what is going on and they are going to try to beat the price.

RUBIJIM

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T, 1978 Scout (just sold), 2018 Wrangler Sport S
I saw my first Sting-Ray Rubicon today in person and as good as the Sting-Ray looks in all of the great photos that have been posted, it looks, in my opinion, like a serious machine. With the the slab sides, it is a perfect shade and has a reflective quality that compliments the Wrangler perfectly. I think, like you, that this will be a unique and standout color for years to come. Unfortunately for me it was a sold unit. Congrats to the new owner!
IMG_4203.JPG
IMG_4195.JPG
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4197.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4202.JPG

BillG

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Yes, I sent an email and they called me the next morning. The only issue is, I am so ticked at my salesman, I am strongly considering reordering at another dealership. I really like my dealership, just not happy with the sales man. I have a call out and told them what is going on and they are going to try to beat the price.
My salesman was a kid. This was his first special order ever. Salesmen don’t effect me one way or the other, as long as we agree on price. Their turnover rate is high.... I’ll never see them again. I can deal with a real jerk as long as our numbers match.
Service managers though.... those I have to like and somewhat trust. That’s getting harder to find.

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My salesman was a kid. This was his first special order ever. Salesmen don’t effect me one way or the other, as long as we agree on price. Their turnover rate is high.... I’ll never see them again. I can deal with a real jerk as long as our numbers match.
Service managers though.... those I have to like and somewhat trust. That’s getting harder to find.
Not only does he call me with completely inaccurate information, but we agreed on a price with an additional rebate he insisted was eligible on the wrangler, and when I mentioned it to the service/sales manager last week, he said that it wasn't for wranglers and wasn't going to honor it.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Welp my salesman’s Rubicon came in today. He ordered one day before me (he actually stole me away from another salesman at a different dealership and has been awesome to work with) Anyways we’ve been in this FCA craziness together and even though mine was built a week before his, his didn’t get stuck in JB or Alorton...so tomorrow I’m going to take pictures and videos of his!

32F4B3B9-B7B2-42C2-A81F-95FDA0DC1EB8.jpeg

6dors

First Name
Lauri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp my salesman’s Rubicon came in today. He ordered one day before me (he actually stole me away from another salesman at a different dealership and has been awesome to work with) Anyways we’ve been in this FCA craziness together and even though mine was built a week before his, his didn’t get stuck in JB or Alorton...so tomorrow I’m going to take pictures and videos of his!

32F4B3B9-B7B2-42C2-A81F-95FDA0DC1EB8.jpeg
That is awesome! When did you order? I believe mine is sitting in a lot waiting for it's rail assignment day of 5/13. At least that is what customer service told me a couple of days ago. It' left the factory on 4/23.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Not only does he call me with completely inaccurate information, but we agreed on a price with an additional rebate he insisted was eligible on the wrangler, and when I mentioned it to the service/sales manager last week, he said that it wasn't for wranglers and wasn't going to honor it.
I think mine is doing what he can with what little information he is given. It was funny today when he called me back. He was stammering something terrible. Really worried I was about to ream him. It’s not to that point yet. I’m still well short of what I was told the average order time was when I ordered.
It’s just that it’s ready, I’m ready, and I know in my case they can’t blame rail delays, so it’s irritating.

Advertisement

Advertisement