Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Getting a little frustrated .. order on 4/11 ... color matched top/fenders .. 3.6L/Auto .... but I put that damn trail rail system in .. currently the dealer has refused to take it off and the rep apparently said that mine is scheduled to be built in mid - late June ... more than 2 months after the order; they schedule the build? ... thinking of cancelling if the dealer won't remove it to get my order moved up and just going down to the Ford dealer, to me this is some BS ... I could be looking at almost 4 months from order to delivery because of a $200 option that I can put in myself ... ugh ...

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Getting a little frustrated .. order on 4/11 ... color matched top/fenders .. 3.6L/Auto .... but I put that damn trail rail system in .. currently the dealer has refused to take it off and the rep apparently said that mine is scheduled to be built in mid - late June ... more than 2 months after the order; they schedule the build? ... thinking of cancelling if the dealer won't remove it to get my order moved up and just going down to the Ford dealer, to me this is some BS ... I could be looking at almost 4 months from order to delivery because of a $200 option that I can put in myself ... ugh ...
You're not the only one. I ordered 4/10 3.6L/auto with NO trail rail system, NO colour-matching anything, and I still do not have a production schedule. If your order is confirmed, I would not necessarily blame the TRS, we're all stuck behind heavy order volume. At least we're not waiting for a 2-door in Mojito!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’d try to find out who the Jeep rep is and deal with him directly, instead of talking to the dealer. He could get it removed if that’s the issue.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
It looks like 50 times better in person. The tires make a huge difference.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I’d try to find out who the Jeep rep is and deal with him directly, instead of talking to the dealer. He could get it removed if that’s the issue.
I asked the sales manager to check her other orders that were dated and in C status to see if they also had the rail kit .. she did and surprise ... they all did. So she is now convince that the rail kit may be holding them back and is going to reach out to the rep again

Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
I have been paying more and more attention to the non metallic colors such as Destroyer Grey, Ford's Lead Foot etc. and I don't believe that any of these colors photograph as well as they look in person ... they catch your eye when you see them

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
Looks even better with the top down! But can you climb up onto your garage so we can see inside? LOL!

Last edited:

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I didn't see anybody order the Rubi with the black wheels I'm wondering why?
I ordered with Black wheels. In D1 Status. I like both style rims, just thought I'd be a little different.

Last edited: