Sponsored

Sting Gray - Black Leather or Tan Leather

oldowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius 4 (2010) Audi Q5 (2014)
We have a tan leather interior on our Audi Q5. It has held up well, and combined with a medium brown dash & surrounding surfaces makes for a calm feeling. Our 2010 Prius with a very dark gray interior feels mine shaft gloomy.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I had tan leather in a new truck once. I liked the looks but the dye off my blue jeans stained it and could not get it out. Never again.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Only color I could see ordering was firecracker red with tan and GCM with tan. All other colors I would order black seats. I ordered JLUR GCM with tan seats after I was able to actually see this combo at the dealer and I really liked the tan leather but not the tan cloth seats.
Get what you really want and I have had black leather in my previous Jeeps and with a Spider Web shade the black leather did not get uncomfortable.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Sponsored

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
That's the Combo I'm ordering with the 2.0.

Please make up a story and tell me that Sting Grey can be ordered next week.

Reactions: N75

mlong003

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I think this tan color is a terrible decision on Jeep's part. It's too light in color with a lux texture. It's going to ware fast and show dirt. It also clashes terribly with the dash design (especially the reds of the Rubicon trim) with no other tan integrated into the interior design. Maybe there are plans for that down the road? I think the only exterior color it looks attractive with is the white. I'm sticking with my JK and Saddle Brown leather (which is super handsome and durable) for now. Bring back the Saddle Brown in the JL!

Yaser Bahman

First Name
Yaser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace S
I think this tan color is a terrible decision on Jeep's part. It's too light in color with a lux texture. It's going to ware fast and show dirt. It also clashes terribly with the dash design (especially the reds of the Rubicon trim) with no other tan integrated into the interior design. Maybe there are plans for that down the road? I think the only exterior color it looks attractive with is the white. I'm sticking with my JK and Saddle Brown leather (which is super handsome and durable) for now. Bring back the Saddle Brown in the JL!
Agree about the dash

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Rubicon actually goes to a gray dash and white stitching if you select the tan interior, so they covered that color clash.

I'm a huge fan of gray cars with brown interiors (BMW and Audi come to mind) and want so much to like Heritage Tan... it looks great in their marketing photos that are obviously darkened!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Made it past noon today before we had a Sting-Gray post. A new record!

OP
OP
vintage38

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Thanks everyone for your input. I've decided to go with the Black leather with my Sting Gray. I think the tan would look fine but believe the Black will hold better over time. And I like the red accents that come with the black interior and like that they will match the red exterior Rubicon decals. Now it's order time! Happy days!

Last edited:

troybarwick

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota 4runner Limited, 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum
I live in Florida. Tan is my choice, regardless of exterior color that I decide on. Tan also removes that awful red dash.
Sponsored