First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
So it looks like my rear end settled a little bit and now the vehicle sits level. Excuse the party decor... we had a birthday parade for my daughters 6th. Coronavirus is a beeotch...Thanks guys...
FB_IMG_1584875393421.jpg
Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
@NewJLU2019 your Jeep looks nice, what size tires have you got?
I am running 33s, and have been debating the Teraflex kit, but looking for some pics on 33s.
~Thanks
Rather than getting spacer kits, you might consider getting some Rubicon take off springs. you can find them pretty reasonable and they should give you about 1-1/2" and still have factory quality ride. no other modifications should be required other than possibly the same take off shocks.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @walweb, I actually ended up installing the Teraflex 1.5 (+0.5 at the front), with shock extenders. Now I just need to get an alignment done :)

I did think about a JLUR suspension swap, I did one on my JK, but most that are being done seem to be on the two door, I am not sure how much lift a Rubi swap would give a 4 door Sahara. Keep in mind that the springs are universal between Jeeps, it’s just the more you put on the stock order (steel bumpers, tow package, hard top, etc) the higher the rating of the springs. Rubi shock would likely have negated the need for the shock extensions, but I am happy with my ride, and may look at after market shocks at some point in the future.

Here she is with the 2” lift (I didn’t have a front rake so I needed to stay even all around!)
26942602-8F65-47A6-8494-27FFFBD93EB2.jpeg

Thanks! :like:

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Thanks @walweb, I actually ended up installing the Teraflex 1.5 (+0.5 at the front), with shock extenders. Now I just need to get an alignment done :)

I did think about a JLUR suspension swap, I did one on my JK, but most that are being done seem to be on the two door, I am not sure how much lift a Rubi swap would give a 4 door Sahara. Keep in mind that the springs are universal between Jeeps, it’s just the more you put on the stock order (steel bumpers, tow package, hard top, etc) the higher the rating of the springs. Rubi shock would likely have negated the need for the shock extensions, but I am happy with my ride, and may look at after market shocks at some point in the future.

Here she is with the 2” lift (I didn’t have a front rake so I needed to stay even all around!)
26942602-8F65-47A6-8494-27FFFBD93EB2.jpeg

Thanks! :like:
That looks good. It has a nice stance.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Where are you guys pulling your measurements from? I"m using the front and rear of rock rails but would like points closer to front and rear of the jeep

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went through the center line of the wheel to the bottom of the fender.
Jeep Wrangler JL Still have rake after level kit Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.55.05 PM

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think my flares are on the same plane. JLUR EcoDiesel. Put a winch and winch plate on it and it squatted a bit up front. Thinking about a Dayster 1.5” in front and 3/4” in rear so I can do 35’s on factory wheels. Just want to pull good measurements

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Before I installed my spacers, I measured front and rear, and was at 37" on both fenders, after installing the 2" spacers I went up to 39".

In my mind, as long as you are measuring in the same spot before and after, you can determine your lift, on my Sahara, the fenders showed that I had no rake.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotcha. Wish I would have measured before winch so I could see what I lost.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Jteakus Sounds like you want to find somebody else who has a similarly specced JLUR EcoDiesel (steel bumpers, tow package, hardtop), and have them pull some measurements. which you can then use to figure out what you lost.

In my case measuring at the fenders proved no rake, and as the suspension is right behind the wheels, I thought it was. good place. if you measure in the same place, the difference, may tell you what your rake is. But probably better to get someone with a JLUR EcoDiesel to pull some measurements to be sure :rock:

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea. I’ve measured at the rock rails and I’m down 3/4” at the front

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming that you were level at the rock rails to start, your plans of “Thinking about a Dayster 1.5” in front and 3/4” in rear so I can do 35’s on factory wheels.” Should work and keep everything level.

I have to think that there is a Rubi owner out there, with a stock Jeep, who can pull some measurements form the rock rails for you.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I’ll start a thread where everyone can post their center of wheel to flare measurements stock and after any mods. Would make for some good data

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I think it depends on 2dr vs 4dr. If i were to do it again I would pre-measure what my front and rear heights are then add spacers based on what I wanted for and end result.
This is what i did on my 2dr and i think it worked great. leveled out just what i wanted with a small rear rake to compensate for future front bumper. I trust my measurements as opposed to a kit that tells me what i want.

*pic is exaggerated since the ground isn't level*

Jeep Wrangler JL Still have rake after level kit 86E37652-DA93-4118-B61A-1DCC311BB172

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where are you guys pulling your measurements from? I"m using the front and rear of rock rails but would like points closer to front and rear of the jeep
I used a small carpenters level on the front door sill. The fenders will stay consistent with the body lines. Don’t get too hung up on lift envy, you’ll wind up acting like you drive a corvette.
Sponsored