Sponsored

stiffest springs (diesel specific, please dont move)

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Called Rough Country as they just came out with diesel specific kits. They didn't have the info on hand for the diesel springs but I left my email with them with their assurance that they'd get back to me.
Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Called RK... spring rates are 140 for the gasser and 160 for the diesel. The rears are the same rates just taller. This was for the 3.5". The 2.5" I believe was 130 vs 150.

I called AEV and they declined to give out the spring rates of either the gasser or diesel specific springs.

Metal Cloak claims their gasser springs are good enough with no plans on diesel specific springs...

Guess I know where my hard earned $$$ is going!

AEV did confirm their springs are specific to the diesel, however?

I have two diesel JLs (mine and my son's) that are getting the AEV lift as soon as it gets here.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV did confirm their springs are specific to the diesel, however?

I have two diesel JLs (mine and my son's) that are getting the AEV lift as soon as it gets here.
They did say they were specific to the diesel.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And lil over achieving brother Rough Country coming in with the stiffest yet!

Diesel coils spring rate is 190

Gas coils spring rate 130

These are from their 3.5" kit... definitely worth looking into.

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
Talked with Clayton off road. They offer there premium kit and overlanding kit in both 2.5 and 3.5”s of lift. There spring rates are the same on the gas and diesels at 188. Their diesel springs are specific with an extra inch of spring compared to the gas spring. I do believe lift time warranty on the control arms as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked with Clayton off road. They offer there premium kit and overlanding kit in both 2.5 and 3.5”s of lift. There spring rates are the same on the gas and diesels at 188. Their diesel springs are specific with an extra inch of spring compared to the gas spring. I do believe lift time warranty on the control arms as well.
Excellent! Thanks for the info

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order for the AEV lift kit. it's already tuned for bumpers, winch, tire carrier, oversized tires, etc. There just isn't enough competition out there right now. Maybe in 2 more years when the ICON, Teraflex, and others have 8 stages of kit's I might go with something different.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
What is the general opinion of Clayton off road in this forum? I won a set of upper front control arms from them at Moab EJS, seems very good quality, but just wondering about their overall program. I too have noted their diesel specific lifts and am considering them.

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
What is the general opinion of Clayton off road in this forum? I won a set of upper front control arms from them at Moab EJS, seems very good quality, but just wondering about their overall program. I too have noted their diesel specific lifts and am considering them.
I have never heard of them until recently. We had a 13 jk and they never made it on my list for lifts. They made a thread or hoped on to one promoting their lift so I looked into them. When I called and talked to the guy he answered right away, was very knowledgeable, and he Talked about other brands out there and never bashed on any of them. He knew the spring rates of the other brands and explained the difference between their 2 lifts. The guy seemed very respectable so they are on the top of my list. They recommend fox and radflo shocks. I have radflo and icon on another vehicle and both are great shocks. That being said if there lift voids my warranty from jeep we might just get the mopar diesel specific lift for now until warranty runs out and then go with Clayton. I am not a fan of the mopar lift by any means but it will due.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never heard of them until recently. We had a 13 jk and they never made it on my list for lifts. They made a thread or hoped on to one promoting their lift so I looked into them. When I called and talked to the guy he answered right away, was very knowledgeable, and he Talked about other brands out there and never bashed on any of them. He knew the spring rates of the other brands and explained the difference between their 2 lifts. The guy seemed very respectable so they are on the top of my list. They recommend fox and radflo shocks. I have radflo and icon on another vehicle and both are great shocks. That being said if there lift voids my warranty from jeep we might just get the mopar diesel specific lift for now until warranty runs out and then go with Clayton. I am not a fan of the mopar lift by any means but it will due.
That's not how warranties work... if you had an aftermarket lift and your engine blows up, the lift doesn't void the warranty that covers your engine.... unless they can prove that your control arms or springs somehow managed to detonate an engine. Now, if your aftermarket suspension bends in half... then ofcourse its not covered by your warranty.

Sponsored

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
That's not how warranties work... if you had an aftermarket lift and your engine blows up, the lift doesn't void the warranty that covers your engine.... unless they can prove that your control arms or springs somehow managed to detonate an engine. Now, if your aftermarket suspension bends in half... then ofcourse its not covered by your warranty.
When we bought the jeep they told me anything over 37’s will void any warranty I have. We’re they lying? Maybe. Either way if the dealership that is 2 minutes from my house says it will void my warranty to use any other lift besides mopar then mopar it is. I can live with 37’s for a while. I haven’t talked with them yet so hopefully a different lift won’t void it.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When we bought the jeep they told me anything over 37’s will void any warranty I have. We’re they lying? Maybe. Either way if the dealership that is 2 minutes from my house says it will void my warranty to use any other lift besides mopar then mopar it is. I can live with 37’s for a while. I haven’t talked with them yet so hopefully a different lift won’t void it.
What you just explained that they told you is not only a lie.. its straight up illegal! This is from the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (more info on this here https://consumer.findlaw.com/consum...,detailed information about warranty coverage.)

"Tie-In Sales" Provisions

In general, tie-in sales provisions are prohibited. A tie-in sales provision requires a purchaser of a warranted product to buy a particular item or service from a specified company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive the benefits of the warranty. For example, the following illustrates a prohibited tie-in sales provision:

In order to keep your new X Brand Lawnmower warranty in effect, you must use genuine X Brand Lawnmower Blades. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Y Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

I would've laughed straight in their face!

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
Haha. I don’t trust most dealers and I don’t plan on going over 37’s for a while so I didn’t care so much. There is a prominent you tuber who went with mopar for a lift and 37’s to keep his warranty. They also had to install it or it might void some of his warranty. . Not sure on the details but that’s why I will be stopping in the dealer to have a little talk about it. I didn’t buy the jeep at the dealer by my house so maybe they will have different answers for me. The mopar lift isn’t horrible but I would be changing it out for a more aggressive lift for the trails we plan on some day.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha. I don’t trust most dealers and I don’t plan on going over 37’s for a while so I didn’t care so much. There is a prominent you tuber who went with mopar for a lift and 37’s to keep his warranty. They also had to install it or it might void some of his warranty. . Not sure on the details but that’s why I will be stopping in the dealer to have a little talk about it. I didn’t buy the jeep at the dealer by my house so maybe they will have different answers for me. The mopar lift isn’t horrible but I would be changing it out for a more aggressive lift for the trails we plan on some day.
I literally tell them that unless my work or parts caused the issue, they better start working on it. Imagine you put on your own brake pads and they don't warranty the radio because of it.... most dealers don't even try that noise anymore as they've lost countless court cases. I guarantee you, push comes to shove, they're fixing it regardless