Sponsored

stiffest springs (diesel specific, please dont move)

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I have a 20 JLURD with AEV lift
Before they made a diesel specific lift. I think it rides great
How much weight do you have on it as far as mods go?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I may have this wrong, but I believe that the 500 lb extra weight is for the diesel engine and its auxiliary systems. The engine, itself, is not 500 lbs heavier, and the extra weight is not all over the front axle.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Which is likely to be heavier? The diesel or the 392?

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
The 500lbs is the dry weight of the 3.0 Diesel.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed the diesel long block does not encompass all 450 lbs of the extra weight. Also consider the def tank filled with fluid, the diesel particulate filter for regen's, additional EGR system weight, fluid lines, ETC.

I don't think the european diesel has all of that stuff but I really havent researched it. Depends where it's sold I suppose.

Some have speculated that the weight is evenly distributed with engine block and EGR equipment up front, exhaust/DPF in the center, and DEF tank in the rear with fuel.

But then again the fuel tank size was reduced to accommodate the DEF tank. So maybe more in the front? 300/150? The new springs on the Rubicon sit higher on the diesel than the old Rubicon springs. Jeep has it sitting higher than the gasoline versions.

Sponsored

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
AEV had a photo on their social media a while back showing the difference between the Gas springs and the diesel ones.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I can't tell if this thread is serious about getting custom springs made or just batching about a diesel specific lift. Just thought I would mention being in spec is a huge variable. You had 4 jeeps with the same lift. One is stock minus lift, 4 passengers at 200 lbs each. One is stock minus lift with 1 160 lbs driver. One has steel bumpers, sliders, tire carrier, roof rack, and the 4 200 lbs passengers. One is same jeep with the 160lbs driver. This dosent event take into consideration extra payload. Steel vs Aluminum bumpers ect..... Which one is "in spec" ? On top of all that do you want a smooth ride stiff ride. My point is these lifts no matter who's it is aren't that specific. I only know of arb offering different springs for different use case scenarios. Otherwise your running the same spring in all th above examples where people weight alone is more then the diesel

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Oh yea almost forgot, Are you running a winch? wire or synthetic? (SARCASM)

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I can't tell if this thread is serious about getting custom springs made or just batching about a diesel specific lift. Just thought I would mention being in spec is a huge variable. You had 4 jeeps with the same lift. One is stock minus lift, 4 passengers at 200 lbs each. One is stock minus lift with 1 160 lbs driver. One has steel bumpers, sliders, tire carrier, roof rack, and the 4 200 lbs passengers. One is same jeep with the 160lbs driver. This dosent event take into consideration extra payload. Steel vs Aluminum bumpers ect..... Which one is "in spec" ? On top of all that do you want a smooth ride stiff ride. My point is these lifts no matter who's it is aren't that specific. I only know of arb offering different springs for different use case scenarios. Otherwise your running the same spring in all th above examples where people weight alone is more then the diesel
So you aren't interested in springs for your diesel?

Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
No I'm hoping a 2.5in will net me an actual 2 and ride like a Cadillac with light weight bumpers

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Like they all did... it really does make sense for us to do this... it really is too easy. Front and rear springs would be 300 or less... im guessing around 200-250
If you have instagram, you can contact @fotornr. He was the first one to get and test out AEV’s prototype diesel specific suspension on his JLURD. And he has a nice overland build. Ask him your questions. He is usually pretty responsive.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
If you have instagram, you can contact @fotornr. He was the first one to get and test out AEV’s prototype diesel specific suspension on his JLURD. And he has a nice overland build. Ask him your questions. He is usually pretty responsive.
Unfortunately I don't have ig

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I don't have ig
AEV is known for their suspensions geared towards heavy loads. And they are good about testing their products with different configurations. I can’t imagine them just slapping on the same coils for the diesel which is much heavier than the regular. When you call AEV, they will tell you exactly what the difference is.

Below picture is not apples to apples but they’re developing a completely different coil for their 2.5” JT diesel suspension.

Jeep Wrangler JL stiffest springs (diesel specific, please dont move) 1609561130867

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I have the RockKrawler 3.5” X factor. I had to wait for a minute for them to make the diesel specific springs. Selecting diesel or gas is required when ordering lift. My coils are noticeable different than gas coils.

http://instagram.com/ecodiesel_jl
Sponsored