Sponsored

stiffest springs (diesel specific, please dont move)

Dcoury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Ive rode in one. My willys diesel is on order with a supposed delivery mid January. I rode in a friends diesel with the 2" mopar vs another friends 3.6 with the 2" mopar… they were both fine on the road but offroad the diesel had way too much body roll... it was obviously too heavy for the springs. Now, I guess its preference thing but that was downright scary and couldn't imagine it with a full load. I am not a jeep lifer and this will actually will be my 1st one. What I am is someone who mods EVERY vehicle I have ever had, with the first few mods including a suspension. I am very particular with what I want and the excessive body roll was way too much for me to handle.
l

Well to be fair I have not yet gone off road with it, we have 1,300 miles on it so far. This ride is superior to our 2004 Rubicon and 2014 Sahara. Hopefully we'll be able to try it off road and have have an opinion on that as well.
Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I keep noticing that all the lifts (even if they say diesel specific) don't make different springs for the 3.0. They keep saying that it is within spec (yea, for a bone stock diesel!). So, I was looking to see if anyone has found stiffer springs. Also, back in the day, I had a group buy so a co. could make specific custom springs for a vehicle. Now, I wasn't the one that came up with the thickness, length, spring rate, etc... Someone much smarter than me would have to do that in order to account for the extra weight. Custom springs really aren't that expensive and we only needed 20 sets to get them custom made.... In fact, they were cheaper than sets already out there. Let me know if there is any interest in this or if you have the knowledge to come up with the formula for thickness, length, rates, etc.
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
l

Well to be fair I have not yet gone off road with it, we have 1,300 miles on it so far. This ride is superior to our 2004 Rubicon and 2014 Sahara. Hopefully we'll be able to try it off road and have have an opinion on that as well.
I'd love to hear your critique

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I will have to call them yo see if the springs themselves were tunes specifically for the diesel... I highly doubt it, but I'm hopeful.
AEV's website used to have a note that has subsequently disappeared: "we're working on a diesel-specific kit...".

Perhaps they've dropped their plans to develop a customized kit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV's website used to have a note that has subsequently disappeared: "we're working on a diesel-specific kit...".

Perhaps they've dropped their plans to develop a customized kit.
Like they all did... it really does make sense for us to do this... it really is too easy. Front and rear springs would be 300 or less... im guessing around 200-250

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As stated before... all the companies claim diesel specific but the springs are exactly the same. Ill give them a call on Monday to verify

jlur_2019

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Agree. I currently have an AEV lift on my 3.6 JL. Definitely set up for Heavy. Very Happy with the ride quality when towing and not. We have about 300lbs of modes. Tongue weight when towing adds another 350lbs. JL still sits level and rides great.
Now put that same trailer on my stock JLURD and my headlights become lasers into the sky. The factory suspension is just to soft.
Hi NCJL,
I have a 3.6 JLUR and am interested in AEV lift. What tire size are you running? I have 35” tires and a little worried it will look too tall with only 35” tires. Also, do you know what the caster ends up being after installing geometry correction brackets? Does your Jeep drive nice band straight on the hwy at hwy speeeds?
TIA

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have read that the 3.0 weights 510lbs dry. Anyone know what the 3.6 and 2.0 weight?
Pentastar V-6 is 326 lbs, 94 pounds lighter than the 3.7-liter engine and 42 pounds less than the 3.5-liter. I knew the diesel would be quite a bit more weight over the front wheels but didn't think it would be that much.

Sponsored

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Pentastar V-6 is 326 lbs, 94 pounds lighter than the 3.7-liter engine and 42 pounds less than the 3.5-liter. I knew the diesel would be quite a bit more weight over the front wheels but didn't think it would be that much.
thank you. The 3.0 Diesel is very heavy in comparison.
im also trying to find the weight of the 2.2l diesel in the Euro spec Jeep

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I thought Clayton off road was offering a couple diesel specific lifts that they made just for the diesel. I could be wrong. I was looking at their overland 3.5” and I would assume it had stiffer springs to carry the extra weight of all the gear for camping.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
thank you. The 3.0 Diesel is very heavy in comparison.
im also trying to find the weight of the 2.2l diesel in the Euro spec Jeep
The 2.0 hurricane was quoted as 414 lbs heavier than a manual trans V6 in the same jeep but most of that is probably the battery and auto trans. Can't seem to find a dry weight of the engine itself.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Clayton off road was offering a couple diesel specific lifts that they made just for the diesel. I could be wrong. I was looking at their overland 3.5” and I would assume it had stiffer springs to carry the extra weight of all the gear for camping.
I'll give them a call as well

Bud90

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 JKU
I have a 20 JLURD with AEV lift
Before they made a diesel specific lift. I think it rides great
Sponsored