Sponsored

Stickers. Inside? Outside? What does it all mean?

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Structural whimsy.....
Simple.
Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I have park stickers on my cooler, bear can, water bottles camping coffee cup etc. They all tell a story and they allow me to distinguish between my gear and others when I'm out with a group. Maybe they need those stickers to distinguish between their rig and others when they're out with a pack :LOL: kidding.

I'm guessing they tell the story of where they've been what they've done and maybe even what they hope to do.;)

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
This may be a silly question, but I'm brand new to the Jeep world and I'm curious about the stickers. ...
It's not a phenomenon unique to Jeeps. I would say it is common to many "adventure" vehicles. It's the equivalent of people scrawling various kinds of "I was here" graffiti on stuff for thousands of years, but in reverse, "I was there" ... and they get to take it with them and people can look at them and see what a colorful/exiting/adventurous person they are. Modern equivalent of tribal beads, or tattoos, etc ...

Cueva 1 .jpg

Sturgis 1.jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm not much n stickering up a jeep. maybe a few simple ones. i like having a clean look to a jeep. any stickers i decide to put on the jeep and past vehicles, i've put them on the windows. that way its easier to peel off and not worry about the paint.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
To document the journey! And maybe some show thrown in as a bonus? Thanks! (Do you know what those vans mean?)
That’s the iconic VW bus, surfers often associate it as a representation of their surfing culture. You can buy those in various popular surfing locations like Hawaii and Tofino here in BC, Canada. In this case, this guy probably bought it in Tofino from a gift shop, kind of like a “I was here” gesture, I did ask him if he also surfs (Because I’m a surfer as well). He said no, so I guess just a poser then. :giggle:

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I’ve had decals on all my cars. I always have one or two on my bumper. I love stickers. I don’t go crazy though because I don’t want my cars to have that messy look so two is the max. As a matter of fact I just put my second sticker on my Jeep today :blush: I have stickers on a lot of my stuff. Oh and the Willys decal is my favorite thing on my Jeep. :giggle:

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
This may be a silly question, but I'm brand new to the Jeep world and I'm curious about the stickers.

I've noticed that a lot of serious Jeepers (overlanders?) have stickers on their Jeeps. Lots outside by the Jeep emblem, and lots more on the inside ceiling. Why? What are they? Is there a reason some are outside and some are in (like cross country badges, assumingely to show where they're been, vs something else)?

Watching a video last night I noticed one that had the ENTIRE ceiling done (none on the outside), and I couldn't help but think what a waste that would be if they ever had to buy a new Jeep. lol (Do they remove them?? Take a picture?? What's the point of stickers?)

Got some? Show me yours!
Decals, not stickers

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
For me the decals just make my Jeep "mine." This is my fourth Wrangler, having bought my first in 1990. I have always enjoyed having them but my new one just feels more fun. It's more entertainment than utilitarian though it's my daily driver and work vehicle. I feel like a kid with a fun toy! One which I get to slowly modify to suite my taste and needs. When I came time to name it I chose something unique. While I'm not a Buddhist, I spend a lot of time at the nearby temple. It's where the Dalai Lama established a small monastery for his exiled Tibetan order. I'm their photographer in fact. Anyway, the name of a dragon from a specific legend caught my attention. Apalāla.

The Viking & Godzilla stuff is just for fun. I used to photograph a large costumed event called Pennsic War so I got into some historical imagery. And my daughter and I have watched many hours of Godzilla movies together, having fun Mystery Science Theater 3000 style.

IMG_20191027_160441-1.jpg

IMG_20190429_142133.jpg

IMG_20190731_213229_081.jpg

IMG_20190730_095929.jpg

IMG_20190702_202551_471.jpg

IMG_20190703_143425_863.jpg

20181218_134952_Burst01.jpg

IMG_20190628_122744_158-1.jpg
Sponsored