Steven Carrizales no longer at Mac Haik

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
I saw a post from someone on some page here who recently ordered from Criswell and got the 8% PLUS and extra 500 off for military. I don't know if that makes that 20hr drive more enticing for you. But, I'm all for promoting businesses who support our armed service members.
I’m not usually a give me a military discount type of guy but auto manufacturers and dealers have no qualms about pimping their patriotism to sell cars. So if there is one I ask for it.

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
I ordered my JLUR from Steven Carrizales before he left the dealership. I did give a $2,000 deposit, but in my case I thought it was fair since I ordered a manual transmission. My order is being handled now by Mr James White and he has been giving me updates when I have asked for them.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t know why they won’t accept Treadlightly. It’s from FCA. You get 1% off, and the dealer gets 2% off invoice back from FCA. (Per my understanding). sounds like to me he’s just wanting that $$ from FCA but not giving you the additional 1% off.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Harmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Don’t know why they won’t accept Treadlightly. It’s from FCA. You get 1% off, and the dealer gets 2% off invoice back from FCA. (Per my understanding). sounds like to me he’s just wanting that $$ from FCA but not giving you the additional 1% off.
Doesn't really make sense to me, but if they are at 6% below with or without TL that's still pretty good. Haven't heard anyone mention doc fees there, but there website says this, "The advertised price does not include sales tax, vehicle registration fees, other fees required by law, finance charges and any documentation charges. A negotiable administration fee, up to $115, may be added to the price of the vehicle."

Sponsored

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
Doesn't really make sense to me, but if they are at 6% below with or without TL that's still pretty good. Haven't heard anyone mention doc fees there, but there website says this, "The advertised price does not include sales tax, vehicle registration fees, other fees required by law, finance charges and any documentation charges. A negotiable administration fee, up to $115, may be added to the price of the vehicle."

We’ve kind of highjacked this thread. Lol

There are always going to be additional dealer fees. It doesn’t make sense to me to be willing to give 6% under invoice and then not be willing to accept Tread Lightly or a military discount when they are reimbursed by FCA. It doesn’t take any money out of their pocket unless they’ve been gaming the system to get to that 6%. I still haven’t received a reply. Guess I won’t be buying from them either.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
We’ve kind of highjacked this thread. Lol

There are always going to be additional dealer fees. It doesn’t make sense to me to be willing to give 6% under invoice and then not be willing to accept Tread Lightly or a military discount when they are reimbursed by FCA. It doesn’t take any money out of their pocket unless they’ve been gaming the system to get to that 6%. I still haven’t received a reply. Guess I won’t be buying from them either.
Haha yeah ...

Agreed 6% definitely isn’t a bad deal. But I told them If they wanted my TL# then I wanted my 1% discount, since they could submit it and get 2% back. Never heard back. To me it’s shady business practice and I just can’t do business with someone like that so I chose to go elsewhere. It would just make me more concerned that they’d try to add on more things at the back end and try to slip more things in when I went to sign the papers. But that’s my personal choice—others, I’m sure, it’s not a big deal and would take the 6% and go for it.

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
Dealers hate when customers look at everything. They also can be tone deaf when dealing with customers.

This past week I’ve inquired on three used ones.

Dealer 1 on a used Jee added some nonsense GPS tracker that they put on every vehicle. Told them I had zero interest in it and shot their justification full of holes. Asked them for a no nonsense price without the add-ons. They wouldn’t budge and just said we’re below MSRP anyway with it before the cost of the add-on. Told them we were done then. Probably lost a sale as a result.

Dealer 2 on another used Jeep told me they had a particular Jeep in stock. I get there and they tell me it’s sold. They still haven’t removed the listing.

Dealer 3 followed up with me from a previous inquiry and wanted to know if I’m still in the market. Initially thought they maybe they were ready to deal and move off their overly high price. Nope they can’t seem to fathom I can’t buy new for less.

Bonus Dealer. Had a girl call me from the closest dealer to me and she wanted to know if I was still in the market or if I had bought. Told her I that yeah I was but I never heard back from the salesman I spoke with and he never even gave me his name. I spent 45 minutes with the guy and gave him a list of options of what I wanted to order and to get me quote.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Dealers hate when customers look at everything. They also can be tone deaf when dealing with customers.

This past week I’ve inquired on three used ones.

Dealer 1 on a used Jee added some nonsense GPS tracker that they put on every vehicle. Told them I had zero interest in it and shot their justification full of holes. Asked them for a no nonsense price without the add-ons. They wouldn’t budge and just said we’re below MSRP anyway with it before the cost of the add-on. Told them we were done then. Probably lost a sale as a result.

Dealer 2 on another used Jeep told me they had a particular Jeep in stock. I get there and they tell me it’s sold. They still haven’t removed the listing.

Dealer 3 followed up with me from a previous inquiry and wanted to know if I’m still in the market. Initially thought they maybe they were ready to deal and move off their overly high price. Nope they can’t seem to fathom I can’t buy new for less.

Bonus Dealer. Had a girl call me from the closest dealer to me and she wanted to know if I was still in the market or if I had bought. Told her I that yeah I was but I never heard back from the salesman I spoke with and he never even gave me his name. I spent 45 minutes with the guy and gave him a list of options of what I wanted to order and to get me quote.
Dealing with stealerships in the DFW is a good way to take an Aggie Shower. If you want to buy in the DFW area, probably Costco is the best way to purchase.

Good Luck!

PS. I live in N. Richland Hills, TX.

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
Dealing with stealerships in the DFW is a good way to take an Aggie Shower. If you want to buy in the DFW area, probably Costco is the best way to purchase.

Good Luck!

PS. I live in N. Richland Hills, TX.
I’m not sure what an Aggie shower is but it doesn’t sound good. Lol

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I’m not sure what an Aggie shower is but it doesn’t sound good. Lol
It means - pissing against the wind. I'm TTU Red Raider, but I do hope the Aggies beat Clemson today.

flipflopgirl72

First Name
Stephayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Bikini Pearl 2007 Wrangler Sahara Silver
I ordered my jeep from Neil at Demontrond in Houston and he has been great! My jeep was shipped on Friday so hoping to receive it in the next 2 weeks. Neil gave me 7% below invoice including my Tread Lightly with the lifetime powertrain warranty at no cost. The only cost I have above the final price is TT&L, I have it in writing there are no additional fees. My deposit was $500, easiest car purchase I have ever made so far.

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
I ordered my jeep from Neil at Demontrond in Houston and he has been great! My jeep was shipped on Friday so hoping to receive it in the next 2 weeks. Neil gave me 7% below invoice including my Tread Lightly with the lifetime powertrain warranty at no cost. The only cost I have above the final price is TT&L, I have it in writing there are no additional fees. My deposit was $500, easiest car purchase I have ever made so far.
If you’re happy that’s what matters. He won’t get my business unless he decides to explain why I can’t apply the Tread Lightly and military discount above and beyond the 6%. Your post obviously shows there is no consistency.

cmjones

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 4dr w/ Mopar lift
I saw a post from someone on some page here who recently ordered from Criswell and got the 8% PLUS and extra 500 off for military. I don't know if that makes that 20hr drive more enticing for you. But, I'm all for promoting businesses who support our armed service members.
I think Chrysler is the one supporting military in this scenario. Isn't that discount available everywhere?
Sponsored