Sponsored

Steven Carrizales no longer at Mac Haik

Harmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Ugh ... I finally decided to pull the trigger, emailed Steven with my JLUR build, and received a response today from another salesman that Steven is no longer with Mac Haik. New guy offered 5% below invoice with Tread Lightly (6% below with their financing), $125 doc fee, and TTL (which I assume would be zero upfront since I am out of state). They also want a $2,000 non-refundable deposit which seems high to me.

Now I have to decide whether a 14 hour difference in drive time (20 hours to Criswell vs 6 hours to Austin) is worth saving roughly $1,300. (At 6% vs 8% with doc fee differences it had been about an $800 difference which I decided wasn't worth it.)

Questions:

1. Is that size of non-refundable deposit normal? I would be an out of state customer (OKC), and that makes me a little nervous if for some reason things fell through with them.

2. For those that have bought from Mac Haik previously did they require you finance through them to get to 6% below invoice?

3. Any experience dealing with dealership financing lately and their interest rates? I had planned on going through my local credit union or PenFed where APRs are 3.49% to 3.99%. I like to have financing taken care of before I go to the dealership. I've never met a dealership finance guy that I liked or trusted.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
This explains why I never heard back from him. It’s a shame as I’m still looking for a dealer in Texas to work with.

$2K does seem very high. Never a big fan of conditional pricing although if they can match the rates I wouldn’t sweat that part of it.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’ve bought from superior in Conway, ar and also one in Conroe Texas Demondtrond Jeep. Both will give you an excellent price without haggling. Call Kim at superior and Neil at Demondtrond. Tell them Brett gave you their info

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This explains why I never heard back from him. It’s a shame as I’m still looking for a dealer in Texas to work with.

$2K does seem very high. Never a big fan of conditional pricing although if they can match the rates I wouldn’t sweat that part of it.
Call Neil carpenter at Demondtrond in Conroe. We’re aboht 3hrs from you

Brett

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Well that explains why I’m not getting updates. I ordered from Steven on 8/7. He told me 5% to order, 6% with tread lightly and 7% with tread lightly and in house financing... guess we will see what happens when the Jeep gets in. I have had no contact with anyone at the dealership except Steven. The last time I called and asked for him they just said he wasn’t there.

Sponsored

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Well that explains why I’m not getting updates. I ordered from Steven on 8/7. He told me 5% to order, 6% with tread lightly and 7% with tread lightly and in house financing... guess we will see what happens when the Jeep gets in. I have had no contact with anyone at the dealership except Steven. The last time I called and asked for him they just said he wasn’t there.

OP
OP

Harmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Did you post a deposit?

quicksilvergoat

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT 392
Call Neil carpenter at Demondtrond in Conroe. We’re aboht 3hrs from you

Brett
I’ve exchanged emails with him and I think there is a bit of a disconnect. Says he’ll do 6% but says I can’t use Tread Lightly to get any additional off but it would “help” him if I have it and then he said no dice on the military discount. Correct me if I’m wrong those two items can be used together and are through FCA not the dealer? He hasn’t responded to my follow up basically asking why he’s willing to do 6% without them and why I can’t use them and to correct me if I’m wrong. I suspect I won’t hear back.

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Well, I just called up there to make sure they were going to honor the deal that I agreed on with Steven. I spoke with Robert Cardosi who is another sales manager there and he said they would honor the previously agreed on deal I had worked out with Steven. He said it was an amicable split, and Steven is just moving on to a better opportunity. I didn't probe on what the new deal would be, but he did say "5% and 6% with in-house financing". I am not financing and just doing tread lightly but he said he would still honor our "old" agreement for 6%. He also agreed to deliver my vehicle to Marcus at River City Offroad in Dripping Springs at no charge like I had discussed with Steven as well. I'm not sure if the 7% with in-house financing and affiliate code is still on the table or not, but, for now, it appears they still are doing business the right way there and if they aren't the "best" deal in the country on orders, at least they still offer very good deal for the Texas area. If you're closer to other parts of Texas, I do remember good deals to be had on orders in Conroe with Demontrond, and there is also a place in Fort Worth with good prices. I went with Mac Haik because they were closer to me than Conroe and cheaper than Fort Worth, but it appears things may be changing.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve exchanged emails with him and I think there is a bit of a disconnect. Says he’ll do 6% but says I can’t use Tread Lightly to get any additional off but it would “help” him if I have it and then he said no dice on the military discount. Correct me if I’m wrong those two items can be used together and are through FCA not the dealer? He hasn’t responded to my follow up basically asking why he’s willing to do 6% without them and why I can’t use them and to correct me if I’m wrong. I suspect I won’t hear back.
Sounds similar to what he told me. Plus that they wouldn’t do any additional off either if you used their financing. So I went somewhere else.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I just called up there to make sure they were going to honor the deal that I agreed on with Steven. I spoke with Robert Cardosi who is another sales manager there and he said they would honor the previously agreed on deal I had worked out with Steven. He said it was an amicable split, and Steven is just moving on to a better opportunity. I didn't probe on what the new deal would be, but he did say "5% and 6% with in-house financing". I am not financing and just doing tread lightly but he said he would still honor our "old" agreement for 6%. He also agreed to deliver my vehicle to Marcus at River City Offroad in Dripping Springs at no charge like I had discussed with Steven as well. I'm not sure if the 7% with in-house financing and affiliate code is still on the table or not, but, for now, it appears they still are doing business the right way there and if they aren't the "best" deal in the country on orders, at least they still offer very good deal for the Texas area. If you're closer to other parts of Texas, I do remember good deals to be had on orders in Conroe with Demontrond, and there is also a place in Fort Worth with good prices. I went with Mac Haik because they were closer to me than Conroe and cheaper than Fort Worth, but it appears things may be changing.
Glad they are going to honor it and can’t beat having it delivered straight to Marcus. We love getting brand new jeeps in because they are impeccably clean and enjoy surprising the owners with the transformation!

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tread lightly I think just gets them paid more maybe? I’m not a car salesman so can’t speak to the particulars but 6% on brand new is still awesome and best of all no haggling! Tread lightly was $100 a year and was worth it to me

Brett

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I saw a post from someone on some page here who recently ordered from Criswell and got the 8% PLUS and extra 500 off for military. I don't know if that makes that 20hr drive more enticing for you. But, I'm all for promoting businesses who support our armed service members.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw a post from someone on some page here who recently ordered from Criswell and got the 8% PLUS and extra 500 off for military. I don't know if that makes that 20hr drive more enticing for you. But, I'm all for promoting businesses who support our armed service members.
I’m all about that but don’t forget to look at the fine print. Document fees are one in particular that hide stuff too. That does sound like a great deal though

Different states, different rules

Brett
Sponsored