Steps on how to reset JL uConnect 4 system

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I have been having trouble with GPS and Apple CarPlay recently. Coming from the tech industry I looked around the internet on how to reset uConnect. Turns out there are many uConnect reset procedures depending on the model. I got off the phone with uConnect this morning and would like to confirm it for the community with this same question.

Steps:
1. While the vehicle is on and running on the steering wheel, hold down the voice command and green phone buttons for 30 seconds
2. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
3. Once the uConnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
4. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and running
Sponsored

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have been having trouble with GPS and Apple CarPlay recently. Coming from the tech industry I looked around the internet on how to reset uConnect. Turns out there are many uConnect reset procedures depending on the model. I got off the phone with uConnect this morning and would like to confirm it for the community with this same question.

Steps:
1. While the vehicle is on and running on the steering wheel, hold down the voice command and green phone buttons for 30 seconds
2. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
3. Once the uConnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
4. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and running
Did the reset fix it and what was it doing? Mine has been in the shop all day today while the Tech has been on the phone with corporate. My infotainment was going crazy jumping from CarPlay to radio to Sirius, Apple maps would not stay open and would minimize without touching anything. It is very intermediate, it worked perfectly on the way to the dealer this morning but was crazy on Tuesday morning.

Arogers947

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Did the reset fix it and what was it doing? Mine has been in the shop all day today while the Tech has been on the phone with corporate. My infotainment was going crazy jumping from CarPlay to radio to Sirius, Apple maps would not stay open and would minimize without touching anything. It is very intermediate, it worked perfectly on the way to the dealer this morning but was crazy on Tuesday morning.
Any updates on what ended up fixing this? Have the same problem.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Any updates on what ended up fixing this? Have the same problem.
Hi John,

If you'd like us to look into potential resolutions to your concerns, please feel free to send us a private message with more details.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Arogers947

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hi John,

If you'd like us to look into potential resolutions to your concerns, please feel free to send us a private message with more details.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Thanks. The root cause was a software update. This has fixed the issue so far. I wish there was a way to be notified when new software updates are available, however. I guess Iā€™ll have to check your website periodically...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad you were able to get everything worked out. If you'd like to submit formal feedback for software notifications, just follow up via private messages and I can certainly get that done for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored