islandjeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 Cherokee, '91 Jeep YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone help me understand why you would put the step underneath the factory sliders? The factory sliders will never be hit by anything unless the undermounted step gets crushed, right?

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I like my Rock Hard sliders with angled up outer tube. Good step, good ground clearance, very strong.

Sponsored

Greenegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
I would stay away from #Roam, I have a set and they started rusting 5 months in, the answer from the company is to upgrade to the frame mount rails at a charge of almost $500. The problem with the earlier rails is they were outsourced for powder coating and it failed. What I don’t understand is how a poor business decisions on their part would cost me almost $500 to remedy the situation. Now I have to save up and get something else. What really pisses me off is evertime I get into my Jeep I have to look at all the rust.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Rock Hard explains on their website why they do powder coating in-house. They also had problems with outside powder coating services.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Since our doors are aluminum, I don't want careless people to open their car doors into them, or let shopping carts loose into them. I got the Rock Hard angled up for more protection. My Recon was saved from a door dent by the rock rail. You can probably negotiate away the shipping cost when ordering direct, or get through Northridge.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Since our doors are aluminum, I don't want careless people to open their car doors into them, or let shopping carts loose into them. I got the Rock Hard angled up for more protection. My Recon was saved from a door dent by the rock rail. You can probably negotiate away the shipping cost when ordering direct, or get through Northridge.
Just bought some brand new ones for 475 shipped.

Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
On Wednesday I am installing ACE Rock Sliders on my JLUR, they even allow me to keep my stock Rubi rock rails.
My 4'11" wife really wants them as a step, especially since I put 35s on.
I will post up pics after it is done.
Just following up on this, it's been a few years now - got pics, and how's your wife like em? I'm looking for sliders/steps for my 5'3 asian wife... lol

Thanks! :)

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
We are looking at buying JLUR Rubicon in the next 3-6 months but ONE of the requirements is steps for the wife! The wheeling I do at Uhwarrie etc I am not too worried about them but in theory I would love to find a set I could remove in say 15-20 minutes and "leave" the rock rails on under them all the time?

Does such a thing exist? I have to imagine they use the same mounting locations so not sure if a longer bolt could be used, etc? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Sam
Go with the OEM Mopar Performance Rock Rail / Step. You can add them to your order and be good to go. My wife is 5'2 and has no complaints. However, if you plan to lift go after market. The OEM rails don't stick out very far and aren't really a step.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just following up on this, it's been a few years now - got pics, and how's your wife like em? I'm looking for sliders/steps for my 5'3 asian wife... lol

Thanks! :)
I wanted protection for the body, but also a dedicated step to help my wife climb up and down. The LOD Destroyers filled that role. The Jeep is lifted nearly 4" over stock and on 40's. She is 4'10.75", and yes, she will hit me if I leave out that .75". 😆 She can walk clear under the side view mirror and watching her climb doesn't seem to be losing its entertainment value. It's like watching vehicular yoga.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steps for Rubicon AND rock rails? 20211014_133132

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
I wanted protection for the body, but also a dedicated step to help my wife climb up and down. The LOD Destroyers filled that role. The Jeep is lifted nearly 4" over stock and on 40's. She is 4'10.75", and yes, she will hit me if I leave out that .75". 😆 She can walk clear under the side view mirror and watching her climb doesn't seem to be losing its entertainment value. It's like watching vehicular yoga.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steps for Rubicon AND rock rails? 20211014_133132
Haha awesome, thanks man - great looking jeep too! (Sting Gray FTW)
Sponsored