Sponsored

Stepping on the rear fenders.

Zdawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know of a way to support the rear fenders so my kids can climb through the windows when everything is off and the top is down?
2018 Wrangler S 2 dr
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Zdawg

I seriously doubt anyone is going to offer you a how to to do what you are asking.

Just know that the fenders are held on with nylon (plastic) clips. You get the right size kid, sitting on or stepping on the fenders and you are going to see your fender pop partially off. No, it will not come off that easily but it could/can.. Suggest you keep your tribe from sitting on, steeping on the fenders.

Yes, you would be able to put the fender back on. The plastic attachment clips are pretty stout, are reusable. I had a chance to see them when at a dealership recently. I snagged the pic below off the internet that shows the white clips.

Note: Also, watch your tribe with the plastic seat releases on the JL, as they are known to break quite easily.

,,,,,,,,,,.JPG

OP
OP

Zdawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Zdawg

I seriously doubt anyone is going to offer you a how to to do what you are asking.

Just know that the fenders are held on with nylon (plastic) clips. You get the right size kid, sitting on or stepping on the fenders and you are going to see your fender pop partially off. No, it will not come off that easily but it could/can.. Suggest you keep your tribe from sitting on, steeping on the fenders.

Yes, you would be able to put the fender back on. The plastic attachment clips are pretty stout, are reusable. I had a chance to see them when at a dealership recently. I snagged the pic below off the internet that shows the white clips.

Note: Also, watch your tribe with the plastic seat releases on the JL, as they are known to break quite easily.

,,,,,,,,,,.JPG
Thanks for the info on the seat releases. We will have to keep an eye on those. I cant believe with all the accessories offered for Jeeps in general , there isn't a way to strengthen up the rear fenders. I guess I will have to fabricate something to hide up underneath there.

First Jeep, loving it. The 2.0L is unbelievable

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Thanks for the info on the seat releases. We will have to keep an eye on those. I cant believe with all the accessories offered for Jeeps in general , there isn't a way to strengthen up the rear fenders. I guess I will have to fabricate something to hide up underneath there.

First Jeep, loving it. The 2.0L is unbelievable
There will be, complete fender replacement with either steel or aluminum fenders. If we’re being honest, there should be zero expection that an essentially cheap plastic fender should be expected to support any sort of weight.
Sponsored