Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I get that many folks in here are locked into a fantasy of what used to be, so little learning is done regarding social issues. Maybe just try to think a tiny bit about how we're all literally a community and that we can work for a greater good. Plant trees knowing you won't see the shade........
I have absolutely no idea what your point is, but I have a feeling you don't either.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I think you meant Texas. šŸ™‚
Nawā€” Texas gets the silver medal, at least they werenā€™t so brilliant as to build nuclear reactors on earthquake faults, itā€™s power grid hasnā€™t burned entire towns down, the list is long šŸ˜³

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Anyone who thinks you canā€™t buy a new ICE powered car in California after 2035 has only read the headlines and never read the proposal.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Plenty of gas engines are over 60 years old, how many battery changes is thatā€¦..LOL

If we werenā€™t such a throw away culture most of us could drive 40 year old cars daily. Look at Cubaā€¦..
Cuba where almost no one can own a car, even maintaining something basic as a bicycle can be problematic due to parts.

In Cuba they are forced to maintain the old cars, because there isn't anything like buying a new car, for the masses that is. In Cuba the average house do not use much electricity, because there is no electricity when they flip the switch.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
The "100 % of sales in Europe, 50% in US" to be full electric in 10 years is ambitious. I am hoping for conversion kits to retrofit our existing vehicles to EV. Much less wasteful, and affordable, hopefully
I just want to copy what they did with the Magneto concept vehicles. Pull the engine and install a single motor that attaches to my manual transmission. Keep the 4-Wheel Drive system Jeep is famous for and replace the fuel tank with a battery. The issue is I won't do that until there are solid state batteries. They will be half the weight and should have more capacity.

BigFeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I just want to copy what they did with the Magneto concept vehicles. Pull the engine and install a single motor that attaches to my manual transmission. Keep the 4-Wheel Drive system Jeep is famous for and replace the fuel tank with a battery. The issue is I won't do that until there are solid state batteries. They will be half the weight and should have more capacity.
That concept was cool. Somebody is going to invent our Iron Man power whatchumacallit way out of "this mess" one day.

As long as they don't take Jeep back to leaf springs, keep the solid front axle, manual tcase engagement, and the normal amenities expected, such as, removable body parts, etcetera...

It just needs to have the range, and turn around time I would expect of my Jeep today.

I still don't have my flying car - sure hope the people in charge of all this decision making have it right this time.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
IF EV vehicals were actually better for the environment, I might be interested in an EV. As it is EV's, the mining, production, and electrical production, has a larger carbon footprint than ICE vehicals. Not to mention the hazardous waste generated from the eventual disposal of the batteries.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Itā€™d also be nice if there was actually an electric grid capable of supporting the, if they had a ā€œcleanā€ way to mine lithium and to dispose of batteries when they are done and if you could recharge one in a similar amount of time as it takes to refuel an ICE. When someone like Musk, who actually MAKES electric cars says the world isnā€™t ready for an all electric future yet, you would think SOMEONE would pay attentionā€¦
He's no longer 1 of the darlings since his Twitter takeover. He's now evil, didn't you know, everything he does is bad.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
IF EV vehicals were actually better for the environment, I might be interested in an EV. As it is EV's, the mining, production, and electrical production, has a larger carbon footprint than ICE vehicals. Not to mention the hazardous waste generated from the eventual disposal of the batteries.
I think the new rule of thumb is that EVā€™s need about 100K miles to hit the break-even point (not sure if that includes incentives or not) People ā€˜hopeā€™ others will figure out how to recycle the batteries & no one wants to talk about used EV prices šŸ˜€

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The government/media have been bullshitting us for decades with stories like ā€œNext Ice Ageā€, ā€œPeak Oilā€, ā€œ25 years Until Ice Caps Are Goneā€, and people keep buying it. Unbelievable.

Oil and gas are a hydrocarbon natural resources. Itā€™s not squished dinosaurs and swamps. If we quit using it, it will continue to replenish. Geologists know this, everyone whoā€™s someone in the petroleum industry knows this.

There are a lot of things we can point to for reasons about why this is happening. There are good and bad points on both sides of those arguments. The biggest problem I see is that our federal system is out of balance, too much power is held by too few. The longer it goes on, the worse it seems to get. Dictating is beginning to happen in our very own country.

As for Cuba, what our media shows us is for us to feel bad about them. There are plenty of modern amenities there. Lots of new Euro and Asian cars. The rest of the world vacations and spends money there. The country isnā€™t hurting too much becuase the gringos malos from Estados Unidos shut them out.

Last edited:

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Oil and gas are a hydrocarbon natural resources. Itā€™s not squished dinosaurs and swamps. If we quit using it, it will continue to replenish. Geologists know this, everyone whoā€™s someone in the petroleum industry knows this.
An inconvenient truth for some ideologies šŸ˜‰
Sponsored