Krowensby

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
There's no fate but what we make.
So if you are driving along, in your Jeep, of course, and a drunk driver broadsides you, you made that happen and it wasn't "fate"? I like the idea of a bit of uncertainty in my life. It was fate that I met my wife and proposed to her 24 hours after I met her. No other explanation. It wasn't all my doing that we've lasted 42+ years. Fate had a hand in it MANY times. But hey, just my humble opinion. And we all know what opinions are worth these days. ;-)
Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, a unibody "Jeep" EV with a starting price of $60,000 is a non-starter with me. I want some of whatever Stellantis is on...

I am sure it will sell, though. People can't get enough overpriced SUVs these days.
Stellantis is on that WEF crack.

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
WEF is a capture the flow scam agency as is the IEA international energy agency (Paris)

setting goals is fine but have the tech in place before you sunset human progress into the dark ages is probably more righteous/responsible than cutting the legs out from those by limiting their means to survive

lofty goals with zero infrastructure in place, if the tech existed they wouldn't need the goals, we'd be happy to upgrade

Barney392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Having spent 45 years of my life building and maintaining the power grid I can tell you it will take trillions of dollars and decades to upgrade the grid to support electric transportation.

A much better choice, although not politically correct, is hydrogen power. You can fill the tank just as fast as we do today at the gas station and the only thing that comes out of the exhaust pipe is water. There are hydrogen powered cars on the road today but very few places to fill them up.

The real shame will be 30 years from now and after spending many trillions of dollars on climate change finding we've had little to no impact on the climate. Our worlds climate has been changing since day one. Sometimes warming and other times cooling, and this will continue regardless of arrogant politicians that think they can have any control over mother nature.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Until they start building these vehicles with solar panels built into the roof and windmills in the grille, hybrids will be the only way to reliable distribute the energy required to charge them.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Having spent 45 years of my life building and maintaining the power grid I can tell you it will take trillions of dollars and decades to upgrade the grid to support electric transportation.

A much better choice, although not politically correct, is hydrogen power. You can fill the tank just as fast as we do today at the gas station and the only thing that comes out of the exhaust pipe is water. There are hydrogen powered cars on the road today but very few places to fill them up.

The real shame will be 30 years from now and after spending many trillions of dollars on climate change finding we've had little to no impact on the climate. Our worlds climate has been changing since day one. Sometimes warming and other times cooling, and this will continue regardless of arrogant politicians that think they can have any control over mother nature.
The question then becomes, how do you produce the hydrogen? It takes a significant energy investment.

TX MOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 MOAB
WEF is a capture the flow scam agency as is the IEA international energy agency (Paris)

setting goals is fine but have the tech in place before you sunset human progress into the dark ages is probably more righteous/responsible than cutting the legs out from those by limiting their means to survive

lofty goals with zero infrastructure in place, if the tech existed they wouldn't need the goals, we'd be happy to upgrade
Yea just ask Germany.

The problem is that gets votes. The lowest common denominator voter isn’t understanding that no infrastructure exists for these plans and its not like we are any kind of close. Its great to have goals, and its great to stretch goals, but nobody seems to properly understand the gap between the expectations created by these targets and real life.

Upopular concept of they day: we spend so much time worrying about if we have paper straws or if we drive a hybrid as most choose to live in suburbs, but the single largest decision we make that determines our net carbon footprint is how many kids we decide to have. Everything else is just rounding.

Rant over.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
In Europe every car gets an energy label based on fuel consumption. That is coming in short order for electric vehicles as, what no one reckoned on, is that a full battery would cost more than a full tank of gas. In other current news, Switzerland is considering a ban on electric vehicles as the energy crisis in Europe continues.
Sponsored

Last edited: