First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Just purchased the Steer Smarts brace for my 2021 JLUR with the diesel motor. I also picked up the draglink with Griffin, aluminum tierod, steering stabilizer, trackbars, relocation bracket and the SS mount. Was hoping the whole kit would be the best route and work together with no issues on my 37" tires.... or atleast until a PSC comes out with a hydro assist kit for the Diesel option.

Looks like a little trimming is required on the Rubicon with the brace. I wonder if it will be issue with the Currie Anitrocks I plan to run?

Also in the picture with the brace I seen Adventure Labs inner fenders. What kinda modifications were needed to clear the lower bracket that mounts to the frame?

20210309_163945.jpg
I like your bumper, LP9s, like the way you painted the fender flares :like:
Sponsored

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
I just installed the SteerSmarts trackbar/sector shaft brace. I also put yeti aluminum tie rod and drag link on. My steering was no issue prior, but this is much tighter (in a good way), and much stronger over bumps. Minor groan/grind when turning wheel at stand still is the only thing i'm not in love with. I also put on new ball joints. Whole steering and front end feels so much stronger at this point. Am used to driving a super duty and this JL didn't have the same confidence inspiring strength until now.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the SteerSmarts trackbar/sector shaft brace. I also put yeti aluminum tie rod and drag link on. My steering was no issue prior, but this is much tighter (in a good way), and much stronger over bumps. Minor groan/grind when turning wheel at stand still is the only thing i'm not in love with. I also put on new ball joints. Whole steering and front end feels so much stronger at this point. Am used to driving a super duty and this JL didn't have the same confidence inspiring strength until now.
Did you put any anti seize on that new nut that goes into the brace? Maybe that is causing the noise?

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
Did you put any anti seize on that new nut that goes into the brace? Maybe that is causing the noise?
Great question. Had my buddies shop do the work for me. They do pretty great work...but I'd be assuming. Good question/suggestion for them though.

Sponsored

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Great question. Had my buddies shop do the work for me. They do pretty great work...but I'd be assuming. Good question/suggestion for them though.
Shoot me a DM and send me a video of the noise. Haven't had anyone have any sort of noise issues yet and I'm curious if it might be related to something else? I'd be happy to take a listen and see if there is anything that can be done to help.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I just bought the steer smarts brace. How can I tell if it’s the V2 for the rubicon or not? I don’t want to install it if I know I’m going to have to remove it later...

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I just bought the steer smarts brace. How can I tell if it’s the V2 for the rubicon or not? I don’t want to install it if I know I’m going to have to remove it later...
If you've already received it and didn't purchase from the steer smarts website by selecting the rubicon version then you probably bought the non-rubicon version. The new version of the bracket arrived and they have begun kitting them. There are a number of them in stock already and they should start shipping them today.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
If you've already received it and didn't purchase from the steer smarts website by selecting the rubicon version then you probably bought the non-rubicon version. The new version of the bracket arrived and they have begun kitting them. There are a number of them in stock already and they should start shipping them today.
Sweet. How do the few of us who got the original version go about getting the revised piece?

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
I was told I would have to uninstall the brace send it in to them, and they'd send me a new one.....likely not going to go through that as I don't have a garage with the room, or the flexibility to leave my Jeep sitting out of order.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I was told I would have to uninstall the brace send it in to them, and they'd send me a new one.....likely not going to go through that as I don't have a garage with the room, or the flexibility to leave my Jeep sitting out of order.
Really??

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
Yes to the process, and also yes to me being lazy/mechanically not great. Going to likely have a friend's garage grind the bracket down for me.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Sweet. How do the few of us who got the original version go about getting the revised piece?
if you haven't already sent me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice, send me a message to [email protected] (and cc [email protected]) and I will be working on RMA's to get the bracket portion of the kit swapped out for you.

I think you may have misunderstood (or potentially I wasn't clear)- we can get you a replacement bracket sent out and you can send the other back after you get the new one. If you've already modified it then there will be no need to send it back as we would offer non-modified as scratch & dents if they were still in good working condition.

Yes to the process, and also yes to me being lazy/mechanically not great. Going to likely have a friend's garage grind the bracket down for me.
If you haven't installed it yet do as I instructed above and send me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice and I'll get an RMA with a new bracket kit sent out and you can send the uninstalled one you have back. If you have already installed it I can send you just the bracket.

Last edited:

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
if you haven't already sent me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice, send me a message to [email protected] and I will be working on RMA's to get the bracket portion of the kit swapped out for you.
Sweet thanks, Ill send it to you later today. Also, thanks for the clarifications.

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
if you haven't already sent me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice, send me a message to [email protected] and I will be working on RMA's to get the bracket portion of the kit swapped out for you.

I think you may have misunderstood (or potentially I wasn't clear)- we can get you a replacement bracket sent out and you can send the other back after you get the new one. If you've already modified it then there will be no need to send it back as we would offer non-modified as scratch & dents if they were still in good working condition.

If you haven't installed it yet do as I instructed above and send me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice and I'll get an RMA with a new bracket kit sent out and you can send the uninstalled one you have back. If you have already installed it I can send you just the bracket.
I will say Steer Smarts has been very fast on communication and finding a solution. I have also not been on trail since installing so haven't had issues with the sway bar. Thanks for the quick help and replies Steer Smarts.
Sponsored