Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I’m thinking it would of been easy to find a couple guys willing to let you test fit on their Rubicon in exchange for a free one installed.
You're not wrong, and we have done that before and would have with this, too, but we had tested it on multiple versions of the Jeeps and knew the sway bars were all the same length across all of the different versions, we just didn't catch the slight variance at the end of the Rubicon quick enough. Lesson learned.

The brackets have only been available for a couple of weeks and we actually have a few Rubicon owners who have installed them without any issues, though I think that is more related to the height of their lift than anything else.

We have already worked through a design revision and are testing said revisions. As I stated originally, we will be taking care of anyone who happened to get one of these and have issues with interference at no additional cost to them.

If you have dealt with us at all in the past you will know that we strive to put the best products possible out, and above all else, we want happy and satisfied customers. We are not the first and won't be the last to find we overlooked something like this when putting out a part...I think the most important thing is how the issue is handled and resolved, and based on the conversations I've had with those who have this slight interference, they are very happy with how things are being handled.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You're not wrong, and we have done that before and would have with this, too, but we had tested it on multiple versions of the Jeeps and knew the sway bars were all the same length across all of the different versions, we just didn't catch the slight variance at the end of the Rubicon quick enough. Lesson learned.

The brackets have only been available for a couple of weeks and we actually have a few Rubicon owners who have installed them without any issues, though I think that is more related to the height of their lift than anything else.

We have already worked through a design revision and are testing said revisions. As I stated originally, we will be taking care of anyone who happened to get one of these and have issues with interference at no additional cost to them.

If you have dealt with us at all in the past you will know that we strive to put the best products possible out, and above all else, we want happy and satisfied customers. We are not the first and won't be the last to find we overlooked something like this when putting out a part...I think the most important thing is how the issue is handled and resolved, and based on the conversations I've had with those who have this slight interference, they are very happy with how things are being handled.
Good, professional reply. Now, while I have your attention, when is SS coming out with suspension systems?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The track bar reinforcement bracket is a different design than the sector shaft brace w/ track bar reinforcement.
Yes thank you for explaining. Back when the link in the original post worked I was able to easily find and read the correct instructions. Today, when I was trying to understand where the clearance was being fashioned by the early adopters, I stumbled upon the wrong set of instructions and got confused.

Thank you for pointing this out.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Good, professional reply. Now, while I have your attention, when is SS coming out with suspension systems?
The idea has been thrown around but it would be a little while out. We are currently working on some other Jeep items, and then we're going to offer up some options for the 2500/3500 Ram and f250/f350 ford guys so that they can finally have some good quality steering components. We're also looking at Raptor, Ranger, & Bronco components, as well as Tacomas. We're continuing to grow and looking at the best avenues to help support said growth while maintaining the quality product our customers have come to expect and we require.

Like I said, suspension systems have been discussed but nothing more than that has been done in regards to that yet.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Yes thank you for explaining. Back when the link in the original post worked I was able to easily find and read the correct instructions. Today, when I was trying to understand where the clearance was being fashioned by the early adopters, I stumbled upon the wrong set of instructions and got confused.

Thank you for pointing this out.
You're welcome and no problem. They are very similar looking at a quick glance, but in order to create a sturdy mounting location for the bearing plate, the gussets had to be moved to the outside of the bracket to accommodate this need.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
@SS_AP do you think v2 for Rubi will be available in March?

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
@SS_AP do you think v2 for Rubi will be available in March?
I am hopeful, but it will really depend on how quickly we can get them turned around production-wise. We have run into slowdowns in all areas, whether laser cutting, welding, or e-coating with all of our products since the covid crap. Again, I'm hopeful, but my guess is April if I'm being realistic. I will be sure to update as we make it through the process.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Hey what's a best tool for me to take that surface/edge and grind it down?

Sponsored

JLife

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I am seeing a lot of people switching from the old Gray box to the new Black box and removing their sector shaft brace. Can anyone validate that the new box does not benefit from the use of the sector shaft brace like the older box does. Seems like everyone should just upgrade the box if that's the case as just adding the brace does nothing about the gear issues especially experienced in extreme climates. I am about to switch my gray steering box in my 18 jlu for a black one from a 20 jlur and was planning to do a sector shaft brace at the same time. Anyone that can chime in that has done this and can recommend one way or the other?

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Just purchased the Steer Smarts brace for my 2021 JLUR with the diesel motor. I also picked up the draglink with Griffin, aluminum tierod, steering stabilizer, trackbars, relocation bracket and the SS mount. Was hoping the whole kit would be the best route and work together with no issues on my 37" tires.... or atleast until a PSC comes out with a hydro assist kit for the Diesel option.

Looks like a little trimming is required on the Rubicon with the brace. I wonder if it will be issue with the Currie Anitrocks I plan to run?

Also in the picture with the brace I seen Adventure Labs inner fenders. What kinda modifications were needed to clear the lower bracket that mounts to the frame?

Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport 20210309_163945

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Getting this added today, but it’s along with steersmarts track bar and aluminum tie-rod, and a new stabilizer. Have an Evo trackbar. Had the steering tsb performed, so it’s the steel box. I’d love to follow up with my experience on that bracket, but no way I’ll be able to discern between its impact and the other gear I’m adding. Mount Zion Offroad doing this work, a great crew.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport 20210309_163945
Hey! How did you get the American Adventure Labs inner fenders to mount with the trackbar brace installed?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Hey! How did you get the American Adventure Labs inner fenders to mount with the trackbar brace installed?
Sorry for slow responding bud. The shop that mounted (Mount Zion offroad) all the steering components had to clearance the bracket. They mention it briefly, and as a sort of “no big deal” context, on a video they put up on YT and IG...but details aren’t really shared. I think there may be a quick shot of some grinding. I’ll try to get in there and remove the AAL fenders to see if I can get a look / pic at the clearancing they did...not sure if I’ll be able to see it.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Just purchased the Steer Smarts brace for my 2021 JLUR with the diesel motor. I also picked up the draglink with Griffin, aluminum tierod, steering stabilizer, trackbars, relocation bracket and the SS mount. Was hoping the whole kit would be the best route and work together with no issues on my 37" tires.... or atleast until a PSC comes out with a hydro assist kit for the Diesel option.

Looks like a little trimming is required on the Rubicon with the brace. I wonder if it will be issue with the Currie Anitrocks I plan to run?

Also in the picture with the brace I seen Adventure Labs inner fenders. What kinda modifications were needed to clear the lower bracket that mounts to the frame?

There will be no issue with this version and the anti-rock, it's only the rubicon sway bar and, and we've noticed that it's not on all of the rubicons even. It has to do with how the sway bar on these stays fatter longer than all the other options. We have a V2 bracket that is starting production. We will swap out your v1 when they're done if you still need that and aren't running the antirock at that point.
Sponsored