Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The shop forklift flexed it, ran into no issues
Mine rubs a little bit, just installed it last night. It looks like your's might be too, on the bottom left corner of the steersmarts logo you can see on your photo some color change. Are you sure it didn't rub?
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Mine rubs a little bit, just installed it last night. It looks like your's might be too, on the bottom left corner of the steersmarts logo you can see on your photo some color change. Are you sure it didn't rub?
You are correct! I practice an ancient hillbilly mantra of - respond with certainty first, then go check it out a few hours later. It is as you describe - slight rubbing.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct! I practice an ancient hillbilly mantra of - respond with certainty first, then go check it out a few hours later. It is as you describe - slight rubbing.
I’m going to grind mine a little this weekend. It’s very very minor.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
We recently noticed the difference in how the outer end of the rubicon sway bar tapers vs all of the other sway bars and have seen that there is a slight rub between the Rubicon sway bar end and our bracket. We have already kicked off the engineering team on correcting this issue and we will have a V2 run that will eliminate the slight clearance issue you're seeing currently. We have adjusted the information on our side to specify that this specific bracket is for non-rubicons only for the time being, and for anyone with a Rubicon who has an interference currently with our bracket, we will be happy to send you the revised bracket once we have completed the production run. If you want, send me an e-mail with your information and I will put that in a folder and will be sure to send the new bracket out as soon as it's ready. Include your order number if direct - if through someone else, include a copy of the invoice and shipping information.

Sorry for the slight issue - we do our best to avoid such situations, but without having CAD data on every vehicle option out there (and without having every type of vehicle in-house to test), things like this can unfortunately happen.

my e-mail is [email protected]

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
We recently noticed the difference in how the outer end of the rubicon sway bar tapers vs all of the other sway bars and have seen that there is a slight rub between the Rubicon sway bar end and our bracket. We have already kicked off the engineering team on correcting this issue and we will have a V2 run that will eliminate the slight clearance issue you're seeing currently. We have adjusted the information on our side to specify that this specific bracket is for non-rubicons only for the time being, and for anyone with a Rubicon who has an interference currently with our bracket, we will be happy to send you the revised bracket once we have completed the production run. If you want, send me an e-mail with your information and I will put that in a folder and will be sure to send the new bracket out as soon as it's ready. Include your order number if direct - if through someone else, include a copy of the invoice and shipping information.

Sorry for the slight issue - we do our best to avoid such situations, but without having CAD data on every vehicle option out there (and without having every type of vehicle in-house to test), things like this can unfortunately happen.

my e-mail is [email protected]
Sorry, this just lost any and all future business from me or anyone who is willing to listen to me.....

It is not acceptable to release a product without testing it on all models you list it as fitting. Testing means suspension cycling and road miles. Passing it off on not having CAD models makes it worse as it's lazy engineering -- no CAD model to check so lets ship it out the door and assume it's all good.

Assumptions like this get people killed when the product can interfere with the suspension/steering of a vehicle.

I've reported this to the NTSB and I really hope you get shutdown as releasing parts without proper testing is bullshit. Your customers expect more.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, this just lost any and all future business from me or anyone who is willing to listen to me.....

It is not acceptable to release a product without testing it on all models you list it as fitting. Testing means suspension cycling and road miles. Passing it off on not having CAD models makes it worse as it's lazy engineering -- no CAD model to check so lets ship it out the door and assume it's all good.

Assumptions like this get people killed when the product can interfere with the suspension/steering of a vehicle.

I've reported this to the NTSB and I really hope you get shutdown as releasing parts without proper testing is bullshit. Your customers expect more.
You’re going to have to report a lot of companies in the Jeep world for having to revise parts.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport

It's not a safety concern, it's a fitment issue with a specific package that has a slight rub. Most companies wouldn't have even said anything and would blame the customer - which would you prefer?

We have tens of thousands of miles testing these parts on various vehicles, they just happen to be a Sport and a Willy's version, which have different sway bar designs. We don't own a Rubicon version currently, so my apologies that we're not to the point of purchasing every optioned vehicle out there just yet.

If you think we only use CAD data, you're misinformed and are taking words I said out of context to draw your own conclusions.

Best of luck to you.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
So I took to the grinder yesterday to shave off a little bit of that Steersmarts bracket to clear the Rubicon sway bar. I took a video halfway through to show how much I took off. Basically I just used a paint marker to trace the area I need to take off, hit it with the grinder, and repeated until it was good. Didn't touch the welds so I think im ok. I cleaned up the lines after I took the video and then dabbed some black touchup paint. This will work great until the revision comes in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport 154868653_190555205734644_5677215652927348658_n

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
So I took to the grinder yesterday to shave off a little bit of that Steersmarts bracket to clear the Rubicon sway bar. I took a video halfway through to show how much I took off. Basically I just used a paint marker to trace the area I need to take off, hit it with the grinder, and repeated until it was good. Didn't touch the welds so I think im ok. I cleaned up the lines after I took the video and then dabbed some black touchup paint. This will work great until the revision comes in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport 154672335_104774781578482_5080257525558705429_n

Nice ! Was your rub about the same as mine? Looking at how much you took off, looks like yours may have been more? I’m gonna ask the shop if they did some clearancing already at install. Looks like mine just barely touches, but can fully pass the rub point. I’ll put some paint on it, but not sure grinding would be necessary, unless the sway bar has lateral movement (?). I haven’t ran it offroad or disconnected since installing the bracket, this amount of wear/rub is road miles and back country gravel roads only.
BE52FE8F-D0D9-40EE-B404-0854131F543E.jpeg
CFAC03B5-BA0F-4D13-8D50-35AC1787CEF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ! Was your rub about the same as mine? Looking at how much you took off, looks like yours may have been more? I’m gonna ask the shop if they did some clearancing already at install. Looks like mine just barely touches, but can fully pass the rub point. I’ll put some paint on it, but not sure grinding would be necessary, unless the sway bar has lateral movement (?). I haven’t ran it offroad or disconnected since installing the bracket, this amount of wear/rub is road miles and back country gravel roads only.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport CFAC03B5-BA0F-4D13-8D50-35AC1787CEF2
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport CFAC03B5-BA0F-4D13-8D50-35AC1787CEF2
mine looked like yours but I needed to keep going. I could have done a little less possibly but I wanted to have more than 1/16” just in case the bar moves in a tad for some reason during flex.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The brackets pictured with the rubbing marks seem to appear different from the Steer Smarts bracket that Steer Smarts pictures in the Steer Smarts 2018+ JL Jeep WranglerYeti XDFrame Side Track Bar Reinforcement Bracket install instructions:

Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport steer-smarts-brace

Are the brackets different or am I just confused?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The brackets pictured with the rubbing marks seem to appear different from the Steer Smarts bracket that Steer Smarts pictures in the Steer Smarts 2018+ JL Jeep WranglerYeti XDFrame Side Track Bar Reinforcement Bracket install instructions:

Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport steer-smarts-brace

I’m looking at the instructions now they look differently than the one you posted.

SS_AP

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport

The track bar reinforcement bracket is a different design than the sector shaft brace w/ track bar reinforcement.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It's not a safety concern, it's a fitment issue with a specific package that has a slight rub. Most companies wouldn't have even said anything and would blame the customer - which would you prefer?

We have tens of thousands of miles testing these parts on various vehicles, they just happen to be a Sport and a Willy's version, which have different sway bar designs. We don't own a Rubicon version currently, so my apologies that we're not to the point of purchasing every optioned vehicle out there just yet.

If you think we only use CAD data, you're misinformed and are taking words I said out of context to draw your own conclusions.

Best of luck to you.
I’m thinking it would of been easy to find a couple guys willing to let you test fit on their Rubicon in exchange for a free one installed.
Sponsored