Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They are in there. I have cut a few of these frames apart in that area. The frame is also Ultra High Strength steel, so it’s roughly 3x’s stronger than the TJ frame or even the JK frame. We have a Mojave in one of the shops right now I was working with a tech on yesterday. The front rails were swayed 7mm to the right from a collision. We have close to 10 tons of pressure on the ram on the frame rack and could barely get it to move. When we did we released the pressure and it sprung back to almost exactly where it was. We are actually replacing the frame on it now. These things are stout.
Thanks for the insight, Jim! Now I'm curious if they were there from the beginning, or added a model year or so in. Not curious enough to endlessly dig for that old thread, though. Lol
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Thanks for the insight, Jim! Now I'm curious if they were there from the beginning, or added a model year or so in. Not curious enough to endlessly dig for that old thread, though. Lol
I actually remember that thread, it was just before I had the synergy bracket and I think I chimed in on it. At first glance I didn’t think there were any in there and I actually picked up the tube to modify the frame when I was going to install the brace. When I pulled the box off I seen them in there and was actually happy about that. I do wish I pulled the bolts prior to disconnecting everything to pull the box out completely to have room to weld in the sleeves! Live and learn! Lol!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I actually remember that thread, it was just before I had the synergy bracket and I think I chimed in on it. At first glance I didn’t think there were any in there and I actually picked up the tube to modify the frame when I was going to install the brace. When I pulled the box off I seen them in there and was actually happy about that. I do wish I pulled the bolts prior to disconnecting everything to pull the box out completely to have room to weld in the sleeves! Live and learn! Lol!
Oh cool, so I'm not more nuts than I thought. Hahaha!

I remember the thread was hot at one point, before falling further into the pages. It turned out of sight out of mind, and only more recently had that particular thought been dusted off in my mind. It's nice to know that it's a non issue.

Thanks again, buddy!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
So who is going to be first to install one of these from SS? I’m still waiting my turn (parts ordered...) for tsb steering box replacement before I think about this part to see if helps.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Getting this added today, but it’s along with steersmarts track bar and aluminum tie-rod, and a new stabilizer. Have an Evo trackbar. Had the steering tsb performed, so it’s the steel box. I’d love to follow up with my experience on that bracket, but no way I’ll be able to discern between its impact and the other gear I’m adding. Mount Zion Offroad doing this work, a great crew.
A7B1D459-5EB5-4603-8C40-6BD329E24A1B.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Getting this added today, but it’s along with steersmarts track bar and aluminum tie-rod, and a new stabilizer. Have an Evo trackbar. Had the steering tsb performed, so it’s the steel box. I’d love to follow up with my experience on that bracket, but no way I’ll be able to discern between its impact and the other gear I’m adding. Mount Zion Offroad doing this work, a great crew.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts trackbar brace with pitman armsupport A7B1D459-5EB5-4603-8C40-6BD329E24A1B
Heh i saw that on ig, funny thats yours?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Does it seem like there’s a way you can pry off the steersmarts logo plate on the brace? Just wondering as it’s something I’d do when I order it.
I’m still waiting to pick the Jeep back up, I’ll follow up once I get it.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think you need to isolate the two things this and the Synergy brace does.

1) It braces the track bar and the steering mount area on the frame. This in itself is a big benefit as the track-bar mount is a known failure area and the frame rail certainly flexes when steering. This helps reduce both of these (I don't say eliminate as the frame still flexes when steering as seen in video).

2) They also try to support the sector shaft by putting the pitman in a double sheer. You now have a bearing/bushing below the pitman as well as the one above in the steering box. This should help take some loads off the steering case bearing and help longevity. The issue is the overall mounting is complex so this might limit the usefulness of the second bearing.

I just run a Rusty brace, which achieves #1 and happy with that - it helped a lot.

I am not saying #2 is not a benefit. The bigger the tires you run the more #2 likely helps.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Thank you!
That big badge looking thing is just a fat sticker, that clearly gets placed after painting / powder coating of the bracket. Popped it off in 2 seconds. Good to go.

I had the full SteerSmarts kit added - this bracket, draglink and tie rod, and a King stabilizer. The two hour drive home was a complete mix - a full hour of 65 to 70 mph speeds, stretches of 45, and some slower stretches in 25 to 35 range. Steering was planted firm the whole trip, not a hint of wobble. Never had major problems previously, but this felt more planted and less reactive. Happy camper. Hope to run this off-road come March.

Cool video from Mount Zion Off-road on the install...

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
That big badge looking thing is just a fat sticker, that clearly gets placed after painting / powder coating of the bracket. Popped it off in 2 seconds. Good to go.

I had the full SteerSmarts kit added - this bracket, draglink and tie rod, and a King stabilizer. The two hour drive home was a complete mix - a full hour of 65 to 70 mph speeds, stretches of 45, and some slower stretches in 25 to 35 range. Steering was planted firm the whole trip, not a hint of wobble. Never had major problems previously, but this felt more planted and less reactive. Happy camper. Hope to run this off-road come March.

Cool video from Mount Zion Off-road on the install...

Have you flexed your Jeep out at all to make sure that brace clears everything? There’s some talk that the sway bar end link bolt will scrape on the brace.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
The shop forklift flexed it, ran into no issues
Sponsored