SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
We recently noticed the difference in how the outer end of the rubicon sway bar tapers vs all of the other sway bars and have seen that there is a slight rub between the Rubicon sway bar end and our bracket. We have already kicked off the engineering team on correcting this issue and we will have a V2 run that will eliminate the slight clearance issue you're seeing currently. We have adjusted the information on our side to specify that this specific bracket is for non-rubicons only for the time being, and for anyone with a Rubicon who has an interference currently with our bracket, we will be happy to send you the revised bracket once we have completed the production run. If you want, send me an e-mail with your information and I will put that in a folder and will be sure to send the new bracket out as soon as it's ready. Include your order number if direct - if through someone else, include a copy of the invoice and shipping information.

Sorry for the slight issue - we do our best to avoid such situations, but without having CAD data on every vehicle option out there (and without having every type of vehicle in-house to test), things like this can unfortunately happen.

my e-mail is [email protected]
How would this affect a JL Sport owner who changes out the sway bar end links when adding a lift?
Sponsored

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How would this affect a JL Sport owner who changes out the sway bar end links when adding a lift?
Changing the sway bar end links will not have any clearance issues. The concern with the early version of the SS brace was the rubicon sway bar (not sway bar end links) is thicker than other models and that’s what was rubbing against the SS brace.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the sway bar end links will not have any clearance issues. The concern with the early version of the SS brace was the rubicon sway bar (not sway bar end links) is thicker than other models and that’s what was rubbing against the SS brace.
Thanks for clarifying!

Motor Feed

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
if you haven't already sent me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice, send me a message to [email protected] (and cc [email protected]) and I will be working on RMA's to get the bracket portion of the kit swapped out for you.

I think you may have misunderstood (or potentially I wasn't clear)- we can get you a replacement bracket sent out and you can send the other back after you get the new one. If you've already modified it then there will be no need to send it back as we would offer non-modified as scratch & dents if they were still in good working condition.

If you haven't installed it yet do as I instructed above and send me an e-mail with a copy of your invoice and I'll get an RMA with a new bracket kit sent out and you can send the uninstalled one you have back. If you have already installed it I can send you just the bracket.
I recently ordered the brace from Extreme Terrain. Looks like I got an old version that is for the non-Rubicon. I wasn't aware of this issue until I installed it and the swaybar was rubbing.

Should I contact them first or go directly through you to get the Rubicon version?

APJeeper

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
I recently ordered the brace from Extreme Terrain. Looks like I got an old version that is for the non-Rubicon. I wasn't aware of this issue until I installed it and the swaybar was rubbing.

Should I contact them first or go directly through you to get the Rubicon version?
there hasn’t been a non-rubicon version for years now - if you’re having an issue with contact on your sway bar you likely have too short of sway bar end links, your axle isn’t centered, or a combination of both.
Sponsored