@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So like others I have been plagued with the death wobble/bump stop on my JL. Started when completely stock. Of course I got the "its the steering stabilizer here is a new one" of course that didn't work. Now we hear about a recall on the trackbar... Anyways I was sick of it and wanted to really enjoy the smack out of my Trail Hunter. I did the complete steersmart package with trackbar, tie rod, and drag link with attenuator.

I installed and then took to dealer for a good alignment. Now It drives better than it drove stock and I don't even have the steering dampener on it! I am very happy with steersmarts. I am bummed that Jeep didn't do it right the first time but the extra $1400 has made the jeep a dream to drive with 35X12.5 tires and mopar lift with heavy bumpers, winch and roof rack. When I get the steering stabilizer on I will update on the feel. But I went out looking for pot holes and bumps that would have caused crazy problems and couldn't not get any shake or bumpsteer at all with the upgraded parts.

So if you love your jeep but its shaking too much go to steersmarts. This is my company car (my law firm) so I am sending a demand letter to Jeep legal department to reimburse me for the cost because according to the Uniform Commercial Code and common sense there is an implied warranty of merchantability. Further, Jeep offered my a rental until the problem is fixed. That was about two months ago and I still have not got a call that the updated steering stabilizer is ready - which as we all know is not the problem. That would be $3416 dollars in vehicle rental for a similar vehicle. I think my demand of $2000 is reasonable. Thoughts? Any other attorneys out there have input?

DSC01036.jpeg
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
So like others I have been plagued with the death wobble/bump stop on my JL. Started when completely stock. Of course I got the "its the steering stabilizer here is a new one" of course that didn't work. Now we hear about a recall on the trackbar... Anyways I was sick of it and wanted to really enjoy the smack out of my Trail Hunter. I did the complete steersmart package with trackbar, tie rod, and drag link with attenuator.
I wish there was a recall on the trackbar then we could get it fixed, they have new parts yes, but no recall so you have to fight to try to get it fixed.

The next step honestly is to have a 1000 Wranglers show up to Jeep safari and other events with death wobble, death shimmy and wandering due to factory defects.

Much like the Suzuki Samari 60 minutes video "unsafe at any speed" its time for some honest reporting and public awareness. Any vehicle can have issues, but bone stock and cant get fixes only endless steering stabilizer replacements or go to war, even with Jeep cares helping.... I just want a prompt factory solution its way past time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there was a recall on the trackbar then we could get it fixed, they have new parts yes, but no recall so you have to fight to try to get it fixed.

The next step honestly is to have a 1000 Wranglers show up to Jeep safari and other events with death wobble, death shimmy and wandering due to factory defects.

Much like the Suzuki Samari 60 minutes video "unsafe at any speed" its time for some honest reporting and public awareness. Any vehicle can have issues, but bone stock and cant get fixes only endless steering stabilizer replacements or go to war, even with Jeep cares helping.... I just want a prompt factory solution its way past time.
Yeah. Kind of silly.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Your just up the road, 1hr away.

I've been in for wandering steering, surging/bucking/bogging engine and now the passenger seat popping.The only thing they are working on to fix is the seat. The rest has been " yes we know, but it's like the rest of our new JL's". No fix. It has 2,000 miles on it now. Started with 0 miles.

I was looking the drag link with attenuator and the track bar. Hoping that's all I would need,

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I've been in for wandering steering, surging/bucking/bogging engine and now the passenger seat popping.The only thing they are working on to fix is the seat. The rest has been " yes we know, but it's like the rest of our new JL's". No fix. It has 2,000 miles on it now. Started with 0 miles.

I was looking the drag link with attenuator and the track bar. Hoping that's all I would need,
Yeah. Let me know how it works.

Sponsored

Stonewall Lee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray

My driver's seat pops. I thought I was hearing things at first, now it looks like I really was hearing things.

Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (White)
Does anyone know if the steersmart trackbar, tierod and drag link will fit on a stock JL Rubicon?

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Does anyone know if the steersmart trackbar, tierod and drag link will fit on a stock JL Rubicon?
Yes, you just need to purchase the Rubicon version of the tierod and the bottom mount drag link. The trackbar is adjustable and you should be good to go once you relocate your steering stabilizer.
Sponsored