Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The down payment is not what this formula is based on, it is your actual purchase price.
So an example based on your info would be.
If you paid $40,000 for the vehicle and had your first problem at 423 miles.
You have a usage fee of $141. You would take that out of the $40K you paid and that is the money you would get back minus your loan payoff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
The down payment is not what this formula is based on, it is your actual purchase price.
So an example based on your info would be.
If you paid $40,000 for the vehicle and had your first problem at 423 miles.
You have a usage fee of $141. You would take that out of the $40K you paid and that is the money you would get back minus your loan payoff.
Need some help, Focker!

So I put down 26K, vehicle price is 47,855.00 and reamainder of loan = 14,800. So we thinking 31-32k back????

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Need some help, Focker!

So I put down 26K, vehicle price is 47,855.00 and remainder of loan = 14,800. So we thinking 31-32k back????
Understand that I am no expert, but I did have to go though this with a Ford Escape and tried to be as well versed at possible by the time the process was done. Using my best calculations I would say it looks like you will get about $32,831

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
Stericyle. Do they generally try to push only 1 option first? i.e. choose another vehicle for the buy-back, rather than giving you both option, the other being getting your $$$ back?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Stericyle. Do they generally try to push only 1 option first? i.e. choose another vehicle for the buy-back, rather than giving you both option, the other being getting your $$$ back?
I won my case via arbitration and part of my accepting the decision was indicating if I wanted a replacement or buyback. Stericycle had nothing to do with that. It might be different if you get that decision another way.

Sponsored

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
I just applied to the NCDS process today and the claim was accepted, looks relatively quick 40 day turn around.

Will try to keep y’all posted on how it turns out.
Well, a week out from arbitration for steering issues and my ESS light comes on and needs serviced. Classic!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
NO big deal,, have it repaired under warranty. It just adds to your credibility of taking care of the jeep

GrandIllusion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 F350, 2013 Fiesta, 1976 Gran Torino, Starsky & Hutch Ltd. Edition
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
  • Regarding the wobble... I had the death wobble on my JLU Sahara whenever I hit a bump. Although it's an extremely nerve racking feeling when you're going down the highway at 75, at least this Jeep recovers within a few seconds. I've had it much worse on two past Wranglers where I had to pull to a near stop on the side of the road to recover. Nothing seemed to fix it, including two trips to the dealer for the same recall. Oddly enough, a week ago I took the stock all season tires off and put some Nitto Ridge Grapplers on (kept the stock wheels), and the wobble is gone. I don't know if it's the change in grip to the road or the fact that the tires are significantly wider than the stocks, but it's been a smooth ride since.

Last edited:

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
Well, all the build up for my arbitration and I lost!

I dealt with many steering issues for a long time. The biggest ammo against me was waiting for fixes and not hitting the shop every second.

My Jeep has had Looseness, Lock up, Bump Steer/Shuttering, Death Wobble, and I’m still waiting on parts for my ESS system. 9 visits in 18 months of ownership.

My tip to anyone having any issues. Go to the shop right away. I’ve got 25k on this Jeep. It’s my fault for not being aggressive and hitting the dealership every time I had something wrong.

The mileage was their ammo. I really don’t blame them, they are covering the bottom line, but I hoped the arbitrator would see my side of things...after all this stuff I have had, continued loose steering, now waiting on parts for fixes. Thought I was in the clear on this thing.

NHTSA investigation over these same issues. Did nothin for me either.

Oh well, good luck to those having problems. Not sure if I am going to the next step or not.
Sponsored

Last edited: