OP

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
@kah.mun.rah —> you mentioned adjusting the steering wheel via the drag link bar. Assuming that works, will that correct the fact the Jeep is pulling to a side now? I am trying to understand if adjusting the drag link only impacts the steering wheel position, or if it also impacts the positioning of the front wheels.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Measure your lcas that you put on, make sure they’re both 24.25” center to center of the connecting bolts…. It’s not common but I knew someone that got one 24 and one 24.25….. off eBay……. Drag link will center your steering wheel it won’t affect toe, that’s a tie rod adjustment……

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@kah.mun.rah —> you mentioned adjusting the steering wheel via the drag link bar. Assuming that works, will that correct the fact the Jeep is pulling to a side now? I am trying to understand if adjusting the drag link only impacts the steering wheel position, or if it also impacts the positioning of the front wheels.
There is probably another root cause for the pulling to the side but it's worth centering the steering wheel to see if it makes a difference.

SSilver07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon XR
I just did this same "upgrade" to the mopar LCAs. The steering wheel was slightly off center after I was done and tightening everything with the weight of the jeep on the ground. In my case it was a simple adjustment of the drag link to re-center the steering wheel and all is well. I'm betting the steering wheel being off center is messing with your perception and it really isn't pulling to one side or the other. FIx the steering wheel and go for a drive on a flat, straight road and see if everything is fine. Also keep in mind road crown will also make a vehicle seem to have a slight pull and this is normal. If it still pulls to one side, check the part number stamped on each control arm and verify they are matching.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I just did this same "upgrade" to the mopar LCAs. The steering wheel was slightly off center after I was done and tightening everything with the weight of the jeep on the ground. In my case it was a simple adjustment of the drag link to re-center the steering wheel and all is well. I'm betting the steering wheel being off center is messing with your perception and it really isn't pulling to one side or the other. FIx the steering wheel and go for a drive on a flat, straight road and see if everything is fine. Also keep in mind road crown will also make a vehicle seem to have a slight pull and this is normal. If it still pulls to one side, check the part number stamped on each control arm and verify they are matching.
I recently had an alignment, due to uneven tread wear. Now, when driving on a crowned road, I have to keep pressure to the left, making the steering wheel appear to be off-center. However, on a flat road, the wheel is perfectly centered. I’m assuming my Jeep is now handling normally.

Sponsored

SSilver07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon XR
I recently had an alignment, due to uneven tread wear. Now, when driving on a crowned road, I have to keep pressure to the left, making the steering wheel appear to be off-center. However, on a flat road, the wheel is perfectly centered. I’m assuming my Jeep is now handling normally.
You are correct. What you are describing sounds perfectly normal.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. What you are describing sounds perfectly normal.
I understand that a good through-shaft IFP steering stabilizer will resist that right-hand pull, against radial MTs. I’m running MTs. Is that correct?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This kind of discussion makes me happy that I paid a shop (only $100) to install my adjustible LCAs. No off-center steering wheel, or pulling. And...if I needed an alignment, the shop would not have hesitated to suggest it.

It was the Caterpillar Heavy Equipment level of torquing that put me off from DIY. :)

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
a steering stabilizer will create resistance against your steering; it would not affect a 'pull'.

I understand that a good through-shaft IFP steering stabilizer will resist that right-hand pull, against radial MTs. I’m running MTs. Is that correct?
Sponsored