Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
  • Banned
Looking for a good steering stabilizer for my JL. Looks like it's mostly cheap brands out (RC, Superlift, skyjacker, etc). Fox has theirs, but curious if anyone has it? If so is it still gas and push to the right the way the JK one does? Is the King one the same way? I was hoping Fox would release an ATS version, but nothing so far... I don't want to go with the goofy duel stabilizer either. So what is working for you?
Sponsored

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
LEO
So I literally just got my fox steering stabilizer in today , will install shortly and post back with results.

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
  • Banned
So I literally just got my fox steering stabilizer in today , will install shortly and post back with results.
Cool, let me know!

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I have the RC it's better than stock, but not worth it. I have 2.5 skyjacker and 315/70/17 cooper stt. Like to hear about the king and fox too. Anyone?

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
So I installed the Fox Steering stabilizer today and I’m impressed, I drove about an hour with it after I installed it and I felt an immediate improvement. Install was pretty straightforward , 18mm deep socket and you’re good to go. I mounted it with the shock body towards the passenger wheel because that’s how the original stabilizer was mounted. For reference I have a Sahara JLU with rubicon springs, shocks, sway and control arms.
141F0887-E3D3-4A74-9F23-A24F62085C0D.jpeg
5E9F9BB4-8BA4-492C-9C32-31F0B671CA22.jpeg
0AC2E89A-83B1-4493-8724-F12F7D3B1C14.jpeg

3FF2335A-52BF-4F5F-8490-476630144CA0.jpeg

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I installed the Fox Steering stabilizer today and I’m impressed, I drove about an hour with it after I installed it and I felt an immediate improvement. Install was pretty straightforward , 18mm deep socket and you’re good to go. I mounted it with the shock body towards the passenger wheel because that’s how the original stabilizer was mounted. For reference I have a Sahara JLU with rubicon springs, shocks, sway and control arms.
141F0887-E3D3-4A74-9F23-A24F62085C0D.jpeg
5E9F9BB4-8BA4-492C-9C32-31F0B671CA22.jpeg
0AC2E89A-83B1-4493-8724-F12F7D3B1C14.jpeg

3FF2335A-52BF-4F5F-8490-476630144CA0.jpeg
How was it different?

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
How was it different?
My biggest issue before was I felt the factory stabilizer was too “spongy” and would just be all over the place especially when hitting bumps on the highway. The Fox makes the steering feel more planted if that makes sense. Also just came from the dealer they did the steering tsb and he noted that my steering sensitivity was at -8 so he put it to factory spec which is 0. So both combined my Jeep is now driving straight as an arrow now. Also no issues at all with the Fox shock like with the JK where it would make the Jeep pull to the right.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just make sure your whichever you use your compressed and extended lengths are the same or it could limit steering angles. Most companies like fox have probably verified this but it is important especially if you use factory mounting locations.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My biggest issue before was I felt the factory stabilizer was too “spongy” and would just be all over the place especially when hitting bumps on the highway. The Fox makes the steering feel more planted if that makes sense. Also just came from the dealer they did the steering tsb and he noted that my steering sensitivity was at -8 so he put it to factory spec which is 0. So both combined my Jeep is now driving straight as an arrow now. Also no issues at all with the Fox shock like with the JK where it would make the Jeep pull to the right.
Steering sensitivity? How do they check that?

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
I have no idea I was tired when he explained it but I have a feeling it was a setting for the electric power steering

Sponsored

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Did you get yours from quadratec? The JL SS from Fox according to the website doesn't come out till September .
I ordered from poly performance about a little more than a month ago and they finally received their shipment of JL SS on August 2nd , hence how I got mine

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from poly performance about a little more than a month ago and they finally received their shipment of JL SS on August 2nd , hence how I got mine
For anyone who cares, I just ordered one (the JL specific one) from Offroad Warehouse. They have em' in stock and ready for shipping.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
So you’re almost a year in on your stabilizer; care to share a review? I’m interested because my steering is all over the place in the 45 - 55 mph range on my 2 week old JL. My dealers giving me the run around saying he doesn’t feel anything now that they “fixed” my Mopar lift which is another issue.

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
So you’re almost a year in on your stabilizer; care to share a review? I’m interested because my steering is all over the place in the 45 - 55 mph range on my 2 week old JL. My dealers giving me the run around saying he doesn’t feel anything now that they “fixed” my Mopar lift which is another issue.
So since then I’ve installed track bars front and rear as with the Mopar lift my axles were off center , which affected gas mileage as well. However as it stands right now with the fox steering stabilizer a year later I can pretty much take my hand off the steering wheel at any speed and it tracks straight as an arrow.
Sponsored