Sponsored

Steering Stabilizers, yes, no? adjustable? what's best?

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the Mopar 2" lift and 37s for about 600 miles now and noticing that it jumps around and feels less stable on the highway. Its not my daily driver and will be seeing off road time.

Wondering is a stabilizer what I'm looking for and if an adjustable one is preferred.

I've seen some good reviews of both the falcon and fox adjustable ones.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Stabilizer not your problem, I just went through this. Do you have adjustable lower control arms on it? My Mopar 2” lift turned out to be more like 3 - 3.5 “ I had to put on front and rear adjustable track bars to center up the axles. They were off 3/4 inch. So being higher than 2” the longer control arms that come with the kit weren’t quite long enough. So I put on rough country adjustable lower control arms to run more caster ( +5.1 degrees). This fixed my wandering problem, drives great now. Back to your original question, both of those are great stabilizers, but I’m running the dual shock stabilizer from rough country, works great and a third of price. I got the information from other guys on this forum to remedy my rig, so I’m passing on the info. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stabilizer not your problem, I just went through this. Do you have adjustable lower control arms on it? My Mopar 2” lift turned out to be more like 3 - 3.5 “ I had to put on front and rear adjustable track bars to center up the axles. They were off 3/4 inch. So being higher than 2” the longer control arms that come with the kit weren’t quite long enough. So I put on rough country adjustable lower control arms to run more caster ( +5.1 degrees). This fixed my wandering problem, drives great now. Back to your original question, both of those are great stabilizers, but I’m running the dual shock stabilizer from rough country, works great and a third of price. I got the information from other guys on this forum to remedy my rig, so I’m passing on the info. Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Did you have a forum thread on the issue or a particular one that you followed to see everything and figure it out?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just took what everyone was saying in different post, and pieced it together. Got any questions just holler at me.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I have had the Mopar 2" lift and 37s for about 600 miles now and noticing that it jumps around and feels less stable on the highway. Its not my daily driver and will be seeing off road time.

Wondering is a stabilizer what I'm looking for and if an adjustable one is preferred.

I've seen some good reviews of both the falcon and fox adjustable ones.
Above quotes are correct, for 99.9% of people the expensive stabilizer is a bandaid to the issue.” Make sure you have this update” pic. I do have the Fox ATS with a Metal Cloak Flip kit. If you off-road you will smash the stabilizer in its stock location and while you’re at it order the FAD skid as well. Money well spent.

870C3DFC-05EC-4706-8EE7-17747D9A1060.png

OP
OP
snowren24

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Above quotes are correct, for 99.9% of people the expensive stabilizer is a bandaid to the issue.” Make sure you have this update” pic. I do have the Fox ATS with a Metal Cloak Flip kit. If you off-road you will smash the stabilizer in its stock location and while you’re at it order the FAD skid as well. Money well spent.
Thanks! I've read about the relocation being desired for off road. I will definitely go with that if I get the stabilizer. I'm looking into the update, not sure if i have it.
Sponsored