Steering stabilizer w/2" lift?

howardw1976

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
18 JLRU w/2" mopar lift and 37"s. Pretty happy with ride and performance but have a bit of steering wander at highway speeds. Also have a bit of a dead spot at the middle of the steering arc though I think both are pretty normal for wranglers. My 12 Sahara had a bit as well but didn't have as much wandering at highway speeds. it's easy enough to compensate for but wondering if this is a common issue or if a stabilizer will assist?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a RK 2.5 lift and 37s. I bought an aftermarket steering stabilizer but NEVER installed it. The stock one is doing quite well. I've put over 5,000 on it like this with many trips rock crawling. You 'may' want to look into the steering recall. Not sure if that could explain your dead spot.

OP
OP
howardw1976

howardw1976

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a RK 2.5 lift and 37s. I bought an aftermarket steering stabilizer but NEVER installed it. The stock one is doing quite well. I've put over 5,000 on it like this with many trips rock crawling. You 'may' want to look into the steering recall. Not sure if that could explain your dead spot.
Thanks.. been doing reading on that recall.. going to check w/the dealer tomorrow though I think it's just the typical jeep steering. Most people seem to think that an upgraded stabilizer is not needed which is probably correct.. thx...

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks.. been doing reading on that recall.. going to check w/the dealer tomorrow though I think it's just the typical jeep steering. Most people seem to think that an upgraded stabilizer is not needed which is probably correct.. thx...
The Mopar lift is pretty famous for needing aftermarket adjustable track bars and adjustable control arms.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If your jeep isn't a dedicated rock crawler, I'd suggest a set of Rancho geometry brackets. They not only adjust caster, but level the arms which results in a better ride than adjustable control arms.
Sponsored