Sponsored

Steering Stabilizer Choice

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ok, so I'm a bit confused after reading through some of this if I choose to relocate the Fox ATS unit. So please help me out. (Btw, I'm finding the JK version to be sold out, too, so waiting for the JL version is no big deal to me.) I'm still going to start out in the factory location but will ultimately relocate it, probably before my next big trip, which would be in late March, or summer 2022.

The relocation clamp goes on the tie rod, correct?

What would I need with the Fox ATS for JL to do the relocation?

Finally, Fox sells these in various sizes. This is the 1 5/8".

1635356062213.png
Ultimately you're going to spend a lot more money buying the JL version and then converting it later. If you're thinking of relocating it ever (you should) just buy the JK version with the 1-5/8" clamp and be done with it. Some people have gotten it to work without an axle-side bracket but I couldn't get it to clear everything. I ended up getting a Metalcloak bracket and modifying it slightly (think I had to enlarge one of the holes and have fox send me a larger bushing to fill in the gap so there wasn't any slop). The other brackets people have listed here might not require any modification.
Sponsored

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Can someone explain how the JK fox ATS can be set up for the JL? Seems like those are more available too.
Easy. Order JK one with 1 5/8 mount as JK mounts to track bar stock so it has that mount. Then get the Synergy tie rod replacement bolt. The shock comes with a bolt but it doesn’t fit as doesn’t clear enough to get it in. You need Synergy one for JL. Then simply follow instructions and attach to the tie rod bolt then attach to track bar and bolt it up. Adjust the reservoir to fit. Then set firmness. I think from factory it’s at 8. I run 13 clicks. I got shock off eBay n bolt from quadratec. I love it.

wolfievtec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Easy. Order JK one with 1 5/8 mount as JK mounts to track bar stock so it has that mount. Then get the Synergy tie rod replacement bolt. The shock comes with a bolt but it doesn’t fit as doesn’t clear enough to get it in. You need Synergy one for JL. Then simply follow instructions and attach to the tie rod bolt then attach to track bar and bolt it up. Adjust the reservoir to fit. Then set firmness. I think from factory it’s at 8. I run 13 clicks. I got shock off eBay n bolt from quadratec. I love it.
So, I have a JL. If I buy the ATS JK version with 1- 5/8 mount, don't I also need a relocation bracket? Also, what is the part number for the Synergy bolt? I want to make sure I order all the right parts before I begin this project. Thanks!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

wolfievtec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've been very pleased with my Fox TS stabilizer. I went with the nonadjustable version because I have no desire to regularly change the firmness.

If the time comes that you want to relocate it, I highly recommend the SteerSmarts relocation bracket that attaches to the front of the track bar bracket on the axle side. It orients the mounting bolt vertically, which allows the bushing to rotate as the wheels are turned lock to lock instead of it constantly being forced to misalign. My reasoning is longevity of that bushing.

Here's the best shot that I have of it...
20210816_101415.jpg
Should there be a bolt that also goes in that bracket or is there a post or nub
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Choice InkedSteer Smart bracket_LI
that the plate rests on? (see pic). I'm debating this plate over the Synergy stabilizer stud. Thanks for your help.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh ok, now I see how that will work. Do you think that kind of mount is strong enough or would you suggest the plate that you need to drill a hole for like the steer smarts yeti one?
I’ve been using this bolt for 2 years, without any issues. The steer smarts bracket is also a great choice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Choice E91E10C4-D288-4567-B962-7035A824623C

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Should there be a bolt that also goes in that bracket or is there a post or nub
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Choice E91E10C4-D288-4567-B962-7035A824623C
that the plate rests on? (see pic). I'm debating this plate over the Synergy stabilizer stud. Thanks for your help.
For added strength in holding the position of the stabilizer relocation bracket, a 2nd hole can be drilled into the track bar bracket. Steersmarts provides the hardware for that optional bolting point. I've since drilled that hole and added the extra hardware.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Fox Racing Series 2.0 ATS for the JL came in stock at Quadratec early and shipped today!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The Fox Racing Series 2.0 ATS for the JL came in stock at Quadratec early and shipped today!
That’s a first. Congrats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, looks like you tagged it pretty good!

That Fox 2.0 I've got took a pretty big hit and other than a nice scratch/gouge across it, it still performs just fine. It had a good bit of the Jeep's weight on it for a moment, too!

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like one earlier reviewer, I went with the Teraflex Falcon Nexus EF2.2 Fast Adjust JK version to get it up away from rocks, etc. This is with Steer Smarts Yeti tie rod and drag link and 37" tires. Everything working great after about 14k road miles and over 500 5mph trail miles. While I like adjustable, I tried out the three settings for a while and since only use the medium setting for all conditions from rock crawling to 80mph freeway driving - no wobble on the freeway and not too tight in the rocks. The Teraflex people are good about coaching you through the JK issue if you have questions.

wolfievtec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
For anyone who has ordered the JK ATS and Synergy bolt for the JL, how does the FOX shock hardware install on the bolt side? I can't find any pictures. Do you use the washer? It just isn't making perfect sense to me.. I was hoping someone could help... Attached is what I have.... 2nd pic it without the washer, 3rd pic with it..... for the metal bushings to fit tight when I tighten the screw I need to use the washer so I'm thinking I need it....

Photo Nov 05, 4 51 52 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 05, 4 56 38 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 05, 5 01 22 PM.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who has ordered the JK ATS and Synergy bolt for the JL, how does the FOX shock hardware install on the bolt side? I can't find any pictures. Do you use the washer? It just isn't making perfect sense to me.. I was hoping someone could help... Attached is what I have.... 2nd pic it without the washer, 3rd pic with it..... for the metal bushings to fit tight when I tighten the screw I need to use the washer so I'm thinking I need it....

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Choice Photo Nov 05, 5 01 22 PM

I have mine like pic 3.
Sponsored