Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been on the phone with FCA and the dealership and I’ve came to the conclusion after speaking with them that the delay is caused because of a back order. I was also told by FCA that the dealership cannot even order them until December 7 because FCA is going to make this a national recall because of all the steering issues going on with their jeeps.
Well that’s good to hear.

It only took them four model years to figure out what the problem is and issue a recall.

Better late than never I suppose.
Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
It's not a Jeep thing - my JK steering is just fine. Sure, it drives relatively sluggish, a bit like a bus compared to a JL, but steering is just fine on the JK whereas my JL is NOT OK on steering.

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
My 2018 JLU steers “acceptably”, thankfully.

Still, if I got a TSB notice in the mail I’d get it done.
I’ve been out of the loop .... some got notices in the mail about the steering box issue??? Is there certain vins this fell upon. I have been questionable about my steering yet I don’t drive my jl that much as I work a lot and have a van

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been out of the loop .... some got notices in the mail about the steering box issue??? Is there certain vins this fell upon. I have been questionable about my steering yet I don’t drive my jl that much as I work a lot and have a van
Not yet.

Rumor has it that FCA has been stockpiling steering boxes to issue an official recall.

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Have you seen what Snap On charges for tool boxes these days?

lol jk :D

The dealers are probably not paying the mechanics much compared to what they charge you.
Most mechanics are underpaid. What the dealer charges vs what a mechanic is paid is way diff. It goes for any mechanic in any trade. Big company’s have overhead and need to make money. It’s really no secret ...... last thing I want to do is treat a mechanic working in my Jeep with disrespect..... I know how I work when a client is an ass vs when a client treats you with respect..... I’ll gladly buy my mechanic lunch or give a gift card.... it’s not much but it shows appreciation which goes a long way. Your not fighting the mechanic.... more like big business...

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Not yet.

Rumor has it that FCA has been stockpiling steering boxes to issue an official recall.
Thanks I need to be more active on here .... but with work and fishing or hunting I’ve gotten away from it and my Jeep but I’m gonna try to stay on top of this thread. Thanks
Sponsored