Steering play Wondering on the road

Dhillonmontu

First Name
Montu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl unlimited
2018 JLU I am experiencing steering play and excessive Steering Corrections on hwy it’s getting hard to control lanes
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
2018 JLU I am experiencing steering play and excessive Steering Corrections on hwy it’s getting hard to control lanes
Not to be "Pedantic", but the title should read "Wandering", not "Wondering". Two completely different words.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Does no one Google anything anymore?:facepalm: But yes, take it to your dealer. Also, there's a recall notice V41 (I think) that replaces your steering damper.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Actually you are wanting to be Pedantic. Saying it doesn't make it not true.
He was not wanting to be pedantic. He was so out of necessity for the sanity of all of us who have read a million posts about “wondering” issues. ;)

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I have had the steering damper replaced twice by the dealer and it hasn't done squat for my wandering issues. Dealer refuses to update PCM and they refuse to even try to look into anything else. They say the Jeep is driving as designed! When I argued about it the service tech got pissed and said I was being disrespectful which immediately got me more mad and I told him to just give me the F#*($%% Keys. I called Jeep Care and initiated a case with the dealer. I have a video of me driving and the steering wheel moves a good 2 in in each direction before the car moves at all!:mad::mad::mad:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
How can all these Jeeps be so different from one another? My 18 steers absolutely fine. Are the steering boxes made in different places?

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Not to be "Pedantic", but the title should read "Wandering", not "Wondering". Two completely different words.

I have had the steering damper replaced and I continue to wonder why it wanders ! The thread title isnt necessarily incorrect! ;)

Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I had the steering damper replaced twice. The first replacement was defective. Now, I'm back to cruising comfortably at 75-80 without any problems.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
We had this issue when we first bought our Jeep. I found several posts stating lowering your tire pressure down to 32-34 psi will dramatically help. I checked my pressure and it was at 41 psi cold. I lowered to 34 psi and it is MUCH improved! There is still a little play but near the extreme as before.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He was not wanting to be pedantic. He was so out of necessity for the sanity of all of us who have read a million posts about “wondering” issues. ;)

Pedantic alert. It should read: "wondering" about issues, not, about "wondering" issues. Just saying. :bandit:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
English is considered a difficult language, for those who have another language, as a " first" language. But, those of us who were raised with English, as the primary language, really should learn how to properly use it. Typing issues, and screwed up auto correct are the exceptions. Let the flames begin.
Sponsored