Sponsored

Steering issues, Jeep doesn’t want to wok on it because Mopar lift is installed.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I installed the Mopar 2" lift and had no problems, in fact it rides better. If it only started once the lift was installed, problem lies with the install. I assume an alignment was done.
The problem lies with improper bushings on the trackbar and draglink, as well as the fact that they are waaaaay too weak for the JL, being thin and hollow, causing lots of play...and that's something a lift wont solve, as even stock rigs have steering issues. Upgrading to a better trackbar and draglink solves said problems.
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The problem lies with improper bushings on the trackbar and draglink, as well as the fact that they are waaaaay too weak for the JL, being thin and hollow, causing lots of play...and that's something a lift wont solve, as even stock rigs have steering issues. Upgrading to a better trackbar and draglink solves said problems.
It would seem if that was so then everyone would have the problems. I had no problems before my Mopar lift was installed by the dealer and have no problems now.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It would seem if that was so then everyone would have the problems. I had no problems before my Mopar lift was installed by the dealer and have no problems now.
Not everyone has these problems, at least right away, but there IS a problem, which is why even FCA changed the bushings out on new trackbar units, but sadly, for the sake of EPA numbers, they made certain components much weaker which result in flexing, and while you may not be feeling anything, it doesn't mean the issue isn't lurking, sometimes all you need is a little time.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Heck my 18 had dealer installed mopar lift.Had problems handling.Fca replaced it with a 19.Made out on deal.They were best to deal with .And was easier then I thought it would be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Heck my 18 had dealer installed mopar lift.Had problems handling.Fca replaced it with a 19.Made out on deal.They were best to deal with .And was easier then I thought it would be
Glad to hear this. I have a 19 Rubicon and wife felt loose steering on the drive home from the dealership. The vehicle was stock; I already paid for the lift kit as it was still in the box. I called the dealership with my concerns (pretty sure nothing was documented) and planned to drop it off for repairs at a later date.

Had the lift kit installed (at another dealership) and thought I’d take it into the original dealership for the steering issue when I returned home. The rest is TBD as it sits at the original dealership.

I called Chrysler warranty department inquiring about the Mopar lift kit to assure it would be covered under warranty before I had it installed. I was told as long as they lift is installed by a Jeep dealership than warranty would not be an issue. However, if it’s installed by a third party then any issue that is proven to be “lift related” would not be covered by the warranty.
Sponsored