Sponsored

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
I'm having mine done tomorrow. I have been waiting on the part since Nov. 4.
I sure hope it drives better..
Sponsored

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine will be finished tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

no issues at dealer w 2.5ā€ lift and 37ā€

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks for the response. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s just from low power steering fluid but Jeep Berkeley wants me to bring it in next week to inspect.
Understood! If you need any more assistance, you know where to find us!

Kate
Jeep Cares

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
Had mine done, I was at the dealer for about 6 hours.
Not sure if I can tell any difference.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, it drives like a dream. This RPM steering is solid! I can literally leave the steering wheel unattended on the highway and it will go straight. No dead spot, no loose steering.

I'm sure it will be AMAZING with the RPM steering.. post back here with your thoughts afterwards. I'm under the impression the stock steering linkage is responsible for some of the 'play' due to tie-rod flop. I'd be interested to hear how much more it improves.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, it drives like a dream. This RPM steering is solid! I can literally leave the steering wheel unattended on the highway and it will go straight. No dead spot, no loose steering.
That's my next upgrade no doubt.

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My local AD performed the TSB on my 2020 JLUR today. Was at the dealership from 1-5. The drive home was in heavy traffic so I couldnā€™t test it at speed, but the dead spot is either gone or almost gone. Feels much tighter. I overcorrected several times being so used to the slop in the steering.

Iā€™ll update with how it drives tomorrow. I drive all day as a Realtor so Iā€™ll report back.

BTW, they sure made a mess installing this box! The Jeep was dripping fluid when I got home. (It was raining a bit) but it was washing out some of the fluid that was spilt. Got under the Jeep to look at there is fluid covering both sides of the engine bay lol. I know thatā€™s a messy job. But clean up a bit, ya know? Itā€™s a dang near $60k Jeep lol.

AD7A312A-4887-42FD-9AEB-6DCA68D1FC1A.jpeg

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
@Redrockjk I know you were the first to do the gearbox update and you work at a dealer. Someone posted a few pages back about the flash not getting done correctly. They had a dealer look at the options report and it still showed 5YS and not the correct update to 70F. I have been having some issues with mine and it never really felt much different with the new box, I am wondering if maybe the dealer didnā€™t do the update right. I have a early built 20 and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to tell if title was done right? It sounds like the 20ā€™s may be different from the 18-19? Any thoughts?

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
My RPM steering is sitting in front of Jeep waiting for me to install it. Had their setup on theJKU I used to have as well. High quality product.

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
@Redrockjk I know you were the first to do the gearbox update and you work at a dealer. Someone posted a few pages back about the flash not getting done correctly. They had a dealer look at the options report and it still showed 5YS and not the correct update to 70F. I have been having some issues with mine and it never really felt much different with the new box, I am wondering if maybe the dealer didnā€™t do the update right. I have a early built 20 and I am trying to figure out if there is a way to tell if title was done right? It sounds like the 20ā€™s may be different from the 18-19? Any thoughts?
Seems when I read the TSB the last instructions were different for 18-19 vs 20. But the 20 already had the update and the upgraded aluminum box maybe?

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Seems when I read the TSB the last instructions were different for 18-19 vs 20. But the 20 already had the update and the upgraded aluminum box maybe?
Yes, thatā€™s what I am trying to figure out.I know for sure the box was replaced with the cast iron box, just questioning if the flash was done or if it was even necessary on the 20

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Dang - love those wheels. I have run the ProComp 7069 for years on a number of jeeps. Similar, but satin black. Those look like a like pattern in a graphite finish. Who makes those?

My local AD performed the TSB on my 2020 JLUR today. Was at the dealership from 1-5. The drive home was in heavy traffic so I couldnā€™t test it at speed, but the dead spot is either gone or almost gone. Feels much tighter. I overcorrected several times being so used to the slop in the steering.

Iā€™ll update with how it drives tomorrow. I drive all day as a Realtor so Iā€™ll report back.

BTW, they sure made a mess installing this box! The Jeep was dripping fluid when I got home. (It was raining a bit) but it was washing out some of the fluid that was spilt. Got under the Jeep to look at there is fluid covering both sides of the engine bay lol. I know thatā€™s a messy job. But clean up a bit, ya know? Itā€™s a dang near $60k Jeep lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) AD7A312A-4887-42FD-9AEB-6DCA68D1FC1A

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Dang - love those wheels. I have run the ProComp 7069 for years on a number of jeeps. Similar, but satin black. Those look like a like pattern in a graphite finish. Who makes those?
Hey thanks!
They are Quadratec Baja somethingorother. Lol. Youā€™ll see them. Iā€™ve been very happy with them. They werenā€™t expensive, and my tires hold bead all the way down to about 12psi before feeling wonky. 37x12.5r17

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, thatā€™s what I am trying to figure out.I know for sure the box was replaced with the cast iron box, just questioning if the flash was done or if it was even necessary on the 20
There are 2 different software updates per the TSB. From what I have read, some 2020s already have the 70f update and some donā€™t depending on the production date. I donā€™t know the specific date. Get the options report anyway so you can document all the different versions of software in your vehicle.
Sponsored