2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone know any dealerships in SoCal that have done the TSB? I called the San Diego CDJR dealership and the advisor didn’t really know what I was talking about. Will go in person tomorrow and see if they can sort it out. But I’m already hesitant leaving it there. Thanks all for the help.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Note that Anthony at @JeepCares is awesome- lots of interaction and follow up and got the tab done yesterday- huge improvement in steering. I will still do track bar tie rod drag link upgrade just for extra help, but the tsb was night and day. I am sold on jeep cares effort to help us as loyal customers, very very impressed.
Anthony helped me too! I go next week for my TSB.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After asking for the TSB to be done on my 2018 JLUR on Friday 15 January, my service advisor called me today to tell me the steering box is in. I was totally shocked it only took 5 days to get in......not sure what is going on but I'll take it. He was super surprised too, since he thought it would take at least a month.

Getting the gear box installed Friday, now I just need to remove my Tazer mini and Synergy sector shaft bearing.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
After asking for the TSB to be done on my 2018 JLUR on Friday 15 January, my service advisor called me today to tell me the steering box is in. I was totally shocked it only took 5 days to get in......not sure what is going on but I'll take it. He was super surprised too, since he thought it would take at least a month.

Getting the gear box installed Friday, now I just need to remove my Tazer mini and Synergy sector shaft bearing.
let me know how the sterring box goes and if you still plan on running that synergy sect shaft?

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
let me know how the sterring box goes and if you still plan on running that synergy sect shaft?
Will do. I'm about 99.99% sure I'm going to reinstall the sector shaft bearing. The bearing hasn't rotated at all since I installed a second set screw in it. I figure it's some kind of support for it. Definitely keeping on the Synergy track bar brace part of it.

Bobby Boucher

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2-Door JL
I've been on the list for the new steering gear since last November.

Called the dealer today and was told that everything is on hold until March 12 ! :swear:

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I've been on the list for the new steering gear since last November.

Called the dealer today and was told that everything is on hold until March 12 ! :swear:
I'll second jlgolfcarts recommendation. I had my Jeep in on 11 Nov and parts were ordered (2 door also). Checked in December and then last week (12 Jan) and told parts were still on order. Told my dealer I was going to try working order through Jeep Cares and sent them a PM (they opened a case number and said someone would contact me).

14 Jan I get a call stating they were looking to see where the parts were. Within 2 hours they called back saying the parts were just delivered to the dealer. Called the dealer and service tech confirmed they just came in an hour prior. Coincidence, maybe but I'll take it.

Oh, Jeep is at the dealer as I type getting the TSB done!

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone so I got tan done awhile back and car drives way better (no more waving or anything, it drives straight) but the only thing is I is why I have that little bit of dead spot still. At high speed it’s more noticeable but was wondering is normally like that or should be tight.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone so I got tan done awhile back and car drives way better (no more waving or anything, it drives straight) but the only thing is I is why I have that little bit of dead spot still. At high speed it’s more noticeable but was wondering is normally like that or should be tight.
I believe the new TSB also fixes the dead spot.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I believe the new TSB also fixes the dead spot.
So then the tsb didnt fox The issue entirely cause the dead spot is still there. Less than before but still there

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
So then the tsb didnt fox The issue entirely cause the dead spot is still there. Less than before but still there
Oh my bad I thought you said you were trying to get it. You’re probably better off getting the synergy bracket. That should fix that issue

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Oh my bad I thought you said you were trying to get it. You’re probably better off getting the synergy bracket. That should fix that issue
So I do have the synergry bracket on it and it definitely way better but as soon I start hitting higher speeds like 65 on, the dead spot/steering wheel comes in. Its annoying

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I went in to the dealer in September based on all the feedback from the forum and with the knowledge that dealerships were on the every two-weeks to receive a steel steering box. I call every three weeks and every time there is another delay. I had told a fellow Jeeper about the two-week deal and he went in and was told he would get his upgrade in 16 months from the same dealer!! He emailed Jeep and he had the upgrade in a week. So I emailed them and the parts shipped on Jan 12th. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see if I can arrange to get the TSB completed. I have to say that my experience with @JeepCares and the US Customer Support have been very positive experiences and I echo what @2020JLURUBICON said in those regards. Between all the helpful people in the community that will provide constructive comments and guidance both with the vehicle and when off-roading and Jeep itself, it is a far more satisfying experience than any other vehicle I have owned.
I was told by my dealer in California that Jeep had a shutdown on parts fulfillment ufrom the end of December to the 14th of Jan. My part came in around the 18th and I have an appointment on the 27th.

It really is a shame that the front end of the Jeep brand experience is the dealership because most times, they are incompetent or unable to track customer issues. I drive further from two closer dealerships to get my vehicle serviced because of that reason. It costs me extra time and money because of the dealership experience.
Sponsored